Monday, March 28, 2011

{It's official...And this past week...}

Shane signed me up for a sprint TRI on my 30th birthday!! woohoo! :) I am excited. This sprint TRI is a lot smaller(less running, biking and running) than the average. At first i thought "That's nothing. I need more of a challenge." But, the more i thought about it the more excited i am. This particular race is geared towards beginner triathletes. They only allow 100 participants so that you don't feel lost in the crowd and they are staffed with race volunteers to help you figure out where to go and what to do. It has lots of different participants of every level, age and body type. They have the swim part in a pool and the swimmers enter the water every 10 seconds. And the biking part has some hills to give a little bit of a challenge. It's only a ... 250 yard swim 8 mile bike 2 mile run I really wanted a longer swim. I like swimming. If majority of the race were swimming i would love it. At the same time, i like this distance b/c it kind of will give me a feel for the whole sprint TRI event. I will get to see how i add up, if i think i could handle more, etc. It's a good FIRST time race. :) Best of all, this race is on my 30th birthday. What a way to start my 30's. :) Shane was gone this last wednesday up until sunday afternoon. I am getting used to doing everything on my own. It's been hard adjusting, but i am doing it. :) It was really hard while he was gone, but it always seems that when times get tough, i somehow manage to push myself harder and harder and get through things just fine. I had my moments where i wanted to break down, but i don't...and i manage to buck up and keep going. That's good. Seriously, while he was gone it was so darn busy. Shane left early wed. morning. We all took him to the airport to see him off. I had mutual on wednesday night, practicing our dance for the second night in a row. I took both boys for soccer practice on thursday night and went to a relief society party that night(free dinner!!). :) Friday i visit taught 2 ladies, had a showing at the house and had the young women over for a movie and pizza night. I let the two older boys stay up until 10:00, which i realized was a mistake b/c of the way they acted the next two days. Saturday i was at the soccer fields with the boys from 12:45 up until 3:30 p.m. Then i had a YW broadcast to go to that night. Had to run to the store beforehand to pick up stuff for it, with all THREE boys(not fun), got there and set up things.When the dinner was done, Helped clean up and take down, hurried and got the boys home, got them ready for bed, and put them straight to bed....Just in time for me to clean the house again to get it ready for an open house on sunday. Woke sunday morning. Got all four of us ready. Went to sacrament(which was mainly not a good experience)...jetted out of there as soon as the prayer was over. Got us all changed. Made a picnic lunch, picked up a little more for the open house. Went to pick up shane at the airport and we were able to have a picnic lunch together. Came home and had to make 2 batches of a s'more cookie for the yw camp meeting(which i did not stay for). Seriously, this was only half of it. I won't get into the other half of it. It was a crazy time. I learned more patience and also grew closer to my boys. :) I truly love young women's, but i have learned that my calling as a 2nd counselor in primary wasn't as busy as i thought it was while in the middle of it. :) It was actually very easy compared to this calling! In fact, i miss that calling! I can say that, but honestly say i love my calling in the young womens. haha! I am learning to deal with busy-ness. :) Is that a word? I don't like busy. At all. So, trying to juggle being a mom of three all alone, a sometimes part-time sometimes full-time job as a yw leader, showings for the house, sports, and other random things that pop up(which occurs often)....it's hard. AGAIN, like i have said 500 times before...I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL WE MOVE FROM HERE! :) Honestly, i will miss the people though. But i can't wait to move. Let's just hope that i don't look back on my time here and think "oh that was easy!" If that happens...shoot me now. :)

2 comments:

The JL McGregor Family said...

Ashlee--I've heard you talking about the youth practicing for a dance... is this like a HUGE dance that they are doing at the end of June with a ton of other stakes? I'm wondering, because we are doing one as well.... and I'm wondering if we are working on the same huge dance! Wouldn't that be funny? I work with the Beehives, so I don't really have anything to do with it (they practice on our mutual nights, so we are always doing our own thing)... which I feel lucky about because it is sooo much work.

Lauri said...

Ash!!! Exciting!! On your BIRTHDAY!!!! WOOOHOOO! :)
It sounds like you had a crazy busy week. I'm sure you are glad that is over!