Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Busy, busy, busy...

This past week Shane's parent's and his brother and wife were here visiting. We had lots of fun together. We went to Palmyra and enjoyed all the beautiful and historical sites there. We also went to Niagara Falls, which is always fun to see no matter how many times i have seen it. We went to the beach and enjoyed our time there eating snacks, playing games, and watching the guys play football. We also spent time around our house enjoying the Wii, taking walks, playing games, chatting, and eating. :) We truly had so much fun. After having my family and his family here for this break we realize how much we miss family and would love to live closer. Here are a lot of pics from this past week. While they were here i ran 2 5 1/2 mile runs with them. Bob(my father-in-law), Ashley(sister-in-law) and Ryan(brother-in-law) are running in a half marathon, except for Ryan who is running the full marathon, and so they are training for it right now. I really enjoyed the runs we went on. We ran over to the Metropark on Green Rd. ...ran down the hill until we found the dirt trail on the other side of the street and ran that. According to them it was about a 5 1/2 mile run. I am ready to take on this run 3 times a week. Soooo, anyone who is a runner and would like to run this with me, PLEASE call!!! It is so much easier to push myself when i have someone there with me. :) It is a beautiful run and it feels GREAT being able to run that long. It has a lot of little hills, but it is fun. I am no running expert and just run at an average pace. I am willing to run at the times that would work best for you. Anyone who has been wanting to get out and run or anyone who has already been running, call me! It will be fun!The Sacred Grove.
Hill Cumorah Visitor's Center
Lake Erie
Gavin and Tanner love their Aunt Ashley.
We fit all 8 of us in our car for our road trip to Palmyra and Niagara. It was tight, but so much fun! :)
Lake Erie...here are the guys playing football.

Seneca Lake

Hill Cumorah
My brother-in-law took this picture of the house we stayed at right on Seneca Lake. We stayed here for one night. It was so beautiful. He took a better picture than i did so i had to use his. :)
Seneca Lake.
The Sacred Grove.
Getting buried in the sand.
Swinging in the backyard.
Niagara Falls

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Ash,
We had so much fun with you guys!! It was really hard coming back to real life! I wasn't ready at all to say good bye! Luckily we get to see you guys in a month and a half!! We love you all so much and want to thank you again for such a great time!! Love you all!!
Love,
Ash and Ry

Amanda said...

I have been wondering what you have been up to!!!! How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time! I love all the pictures.

How far is palmyra from your house?

What kind of car do you have to fit all 8 people in it!!! Are you sporting a mini van?

D.Suth. said...

looks like you've had so much fun!

Melissa said...

The book is great my husband did and he said it cost about $50..my advice to anyone that is going to use it start turning the blog into a book a little at a time cause he did 6 motnhs and it was already 250 pages long so it is a lot of work. And there is one program that is really hard to use he said that the one he used is very simple and staright forward. I can get that info for you if you like.

Thompson's said...

Looks like you all had fun. We hope to make it out there sometime. We changed our flight so we come back on July 22nd. Maybe we will see you in Blackfoot. Give me a call if your family goes over to the stake center to play ball.

Erik

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love Niagra--we will be in there in August and I can't wait. If you haven't ever been to the Canadian side, I highly recommend it. The town over there is beautiful (and their falls are better). :)