Saturday, May 17, 2008

For the Beauty of the Earth...

When my parents were here we did some yard work. My dad and I laid down mulch, planted some flowers in our yard and in some pots. Now i don't have to deal with the annoying weeds that grow back in a day after i pick them! This was my first time ever to do my own yard work with my own house. I had tons of fun doing it. I feel so proud of my yard now! :) Thanks dad!

Shane and I and the boys took off Thursday at about 3:00 p.m. and went to Punderson State Park. First i have to mention that the drive was just beautiful. Ohio is beautiful!! The houses and landscape that we saw on our way was just gorgeous and very desirable! Maybe one day. :) We camped there that night and had so much fun. We were just about the only people there, except for some people in a huge motor home. We made tin foil dinners, had S'mores, and just hung out by the fire for awhile. The boys had fun searching for wood for our campfire. At about 9:00 p.m. we went into the tent and watched Narnia. Gavin LOVED that we were all sleeping in the tent together and to top it off, watching a movie together! He loved it. I loved watching his excitement. Tanner got upset when we put him in his pack'n play. He kept yelling "banky"(blanket) even though he had it with him. It started raining at about 1:00 a.m. and didn't let up until about 6:00 a.m. When we opened the tent up to get out there were puddles of water and mud...it was all mush. It was still sprinkling. Anyway, no way we were going to hang around in that. Gavin and Tanner would have been face down in the mud within 2 minutes after letting them out of the tent. So, we hurried and packed up, came home, and cooked our cowboy breakfast that i was going to cook there, here. We had lots of fun.

Gavin enjoyed burning the end of his stick and watching it smoke.

Our camp site. The bathroom was just a few feet away from us, which was nice!
We are in the process of scraping our garage, which is why it looks so bad right now. As soon as the sun decides to hang around for longer than a day then we will paint the garage! :)
The mulch my dad and I laid down. It looks so much nicer.
Some flowers that are blooming in our backyard.
All the leaves finally came in and now we have privacy once again in our backyard. :)
Another plant i put in my backyard.
Punderson State Park
I made two of these and hung them up on the outside of the garage.
Some flowers i planted.

I have to add something on here about the Cavaliers!! GO CAVS!!! Cleveland Fans are the best fans in the world. And by far, the LOUDEST fans out of the NBA! Talk about LOUD and PROUD!! I am so excited about the Cav's and hope they win the seventh game against the Celtics! Go Cav's, we believe in you! We are all WITNESSES!!! :)








8 comments:

Jill said...

I can't believe you live in Ohio! My two sisters live in Westlake. Is that close to you? Jake and I are DYING to move out there but can't find a job.How much longer will live you there? Do you think you'll stay once Shane is done with school? We love, love, love Ohio (minus the humidity during the summer!) and hope to move out there soon.

Grams said...

Seeing those camping pictures made me cry, literally. It looked so beautiful and I have such wonderful sweet memories of doing that with our family. It was exciting and touching to know that you are making many of the same memories that mean so much to me. Oh my word, I am such a cry baby. Your yard looks great. It is fun to work in the yard and plant flowers. I can't remember, do you have a garden spot? Love you guys and can't wait to see you TOMORROW! Can you believe it. Mom

The JL McGregor Family said...

Your yard and plants look great. I need to get out and do that myself. Thanks for the motivation.

The JL McGregor Family said...

Ashlee,

Here is a website that I recently found. I think you will appreciate it: http://www.mjmorganphoto.com/#.

And while I'm thinking about it, here is yet another: http://danransom.com/

Keep up the good work!

Amanda said...

I love it!!! I love your landscaping! Isn't it fun!!!? We just planted our vegetable garden, I can't wait for fresh veggies!!! Great job on the landscaping!!! How fun!

Your camping trip sounded fun!!! I love camping. I'm sure your boys had a great time. How fun! We are going camping in June, we can't wait!

Great pictures!

Monica and Stephen said...

I love the camping pictures. Steve and I love to camp and I amexcited it is finally warm enough to start the camping season. I got your blog from Kristy's page and your boys are so cute. I have 2 boys also. Aren't boys the best. Your yard looks great. YOu did a good job.

Sherrie said...

What a fun camping trip, it looked gorgeous! Smart move on the packing up quickly before the boys discovered mud. :) (I'm just laughing, imagining what my kids would do in a campground full of mud) Anyway, and I LOVE all of your beautiful flowers! They look awesome!

Lauri said...

Where the heck did you disappear to?!? :) I know you guys have family in town, but really...my daily reading of your blog has been lacking!
Looks like the boys had a really good time camping! Wish we could all go together! We went camping too....had a crazy adventure! It snowed!
Your yard looks awesome! Way to go! Isn't it nice having parents in town and getting stuff done!!! :) Miss you guys!