Tuesday, March 9, 2010

{Life, lately}

Tanner is our little patroler around here. If he doesn't like something that we do he lets us know. If one of the boys toots or burps he immediately says, "you HAVE to say excuse me when you do that!!" He tells me right away when the baby is poopy. He can smell it even if we can't. If the baby is doing something that he knows he could get hurt doing then he tells me right away, no hesitation. He patrols.

Gavin likes a plan laid out for him. He needs me to tell him what to do all the time. I often times tell him to be a kid and go use his imagination. He complains for awhile about it b/c he wants me to tell him what he should do, but he eventually gives up and figures out what to play for himself. :) BUT it definitely makes him a lot happier when i tell him what to do. hahaha. That is kind of funny.

Jaydon is just a mover. Everything catches his eye, and even when i think my floor couldn't be cleaner he still finds something to put in his mouth. He sat in the cart at the grocery store for the first time. I can't carry him in his carseat any longer. It is way tooooooo heavy. He really liked riding in the cart. He just looked around....it was like a whole new world. He isn't a fan of food with any texture. I tried feeding him the baby foods that have those tiny chunks in it, BUT he kept coughing. He does that when he doesn't like what is in his mouth. He gagged a few times too. They are just tiny pieces, but he didn't like it. He still gags on his little fruit puffs too. He just wants to stick with all the creamy baby foods, stage 2.

Shane is done with Boards. What a huge relief on both of us, especially on him. He has to remind himself often that he is done. He can't believe it. He can't believe he is graduating soon. Crazy! Often times he will come home and make it sound like he is behind everyone at school. Well, when i watched him at Boards i saw a totally different person than he describes to me. I saw a confident, knowledgeable DENTIST. He did his job VERY good. I don't know what he was trying to tell me at home, but it was totally opposite what i saw in the clinic that day. He is going to make a great dentist.

I am almost done with p90x. I am running again too. It feels good. :) I was shane's assistant for his Boards. What a cool experience. I told shane "you are just feeding my fire of my wanting to be in the medical profession....getting me all dressed up like i am a nurse!" And of course it did, BUT i am getting books from the library to learn about stuff. I want to learn most about physiology and food and nutrition. So, let's see if i can learn it myself. :)

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I can't believe how big Jaydon is getting!!! I miss those boys and love reading about their little personalities! :) (So I'm glad you decided to not stop blogging!)
Congrats to Shane and to you!!! So exciting!! What a relief after four long years!
So do you think the p90x would kill me? :) I've heard good things about it. Did you buy it online?

Mandi Kay said...

CONGRATS TO YOU GUYS!!!! I know Shane wouldn't be where he is and almost ready to graduate dental school if it wasn't for his backbone of a wife helping him along. :) You guys both have made sacrifices to get where you're at. I'm so proud to be your sister. And MAD PROPS to you on the P90x!!!!! I wanna be able to do a pullup!!!