Friday, March 19, 2010

{St. Patty's and randoms}

For St. Patrick's day i decided to do something to make the day a little fun. Soooo, i made some green jello for the boys. I made them a green, nutritious spinach smoothie(thanks to my friend jamie...the boys love it and i love drinking it after a workout). And for dinner i made green mashed potatoes, dijon basil chicken, and broccoli. And the boys wore a green t-shirt. And daddy brought them to the zoo. It was a fun green themed day.

The weather has been exceptionally wonderful. I am shocked it has stuck around as long is it has. The boys have been playin outside in the backyard all day long. That leaves time for me to read, and clean, and of course workout. It is nice.

Jaydon has become quite the screamer lately. I am not kidding you. He has the most powerful set of lungs i have ever heard. When he gets upset, you know. He stares at you, starts yelling/screaming and goes RED. It is nuts. I keep thinking, "where are you getting this from?!!?" He already has major attitude...boy i can't wait until he is 2 years old. That might be a nightmare. He has this thing he does when he is in a good mood or zoned out playing with a toy....its a very loud, rustic yell. It is sooooooo loud. He does it when he wants to make someone laugh, when he wants to get someone's attention , or when he is playing with a toy. It is really quite hilarious. It is our call we make to each other as well. I do it and then he does it back. Never fails. So, if i am in one room and i know he is in the other, but am not sure what he is doing b/c i can't hear him...well, i do that little call of his and he does it right back to me. Then i know he is okay. hahaha! He makes me laugh so hard, and makes the boys crack up all the time. He is just sooooooooo loud. I really think he is louder than his other brothers were at this age.

Yesterday the boys were in the backyard playing. I hear gavin saying "Tanner, don't eat the leaf!!!!!" I looked out and said "What's going on?!" Gavin said, "Mom, tanner is eating leaves....i think he is hungry." It was hilarious. YOu had to be there.

Well, since i know i can't be a nurse right now at this point in my life....i realized that i don't have to be a nurse, BUT i want to know everything a nurse knows....or a nutritionist. So, i am getting into reading research books on nutrition. I find it VERY interesting. I am learning a lot, but i don't hold that information for very long. I lose it fast, so i am gonna have to keep reading and reading until it is stuck in my head and won't leave. I want to have my own book of knowledge in my head about nutrition. I will....soon. :)

No comments: