Thursday, November 4, 2010

{Texting/facebook and food for thought}

Me and the boys had a car coming straight towards us while driving. He was in our lane. I started slowing down and he finally looked UP from texting and swirved back over into his lane, but was still holding his phone with both hands resting on the steering wheel, TEXTING! It is driving me nuts how people are with it. I used to text while driving, but have made a commitment to stop doing that. If i have to text i will pull over, but i never find the need to pullover to text. I just wait til i get home.
Another thing....i notice young teens on their phones constantly. During mutual they are on it almost the entire time. Which i plan to have a talk with them about that one! :) Or, get this.....i went outside to look for a youngin and this person was outside texting, and this person's friend was texting too. They were laying on the ground just texting away. I said "where have you been? Why didn't you come into mutual?" I mentioned that the President was looking for them. She said "well, why didn't she text me?!" Sort of like "hello, text me! You don't have to get up off your bum, you can just text me!" ha! You have to be kidding. OR get this....one of our leaders texted one of the girls out of the group of girls in my car (on the way home from a dance) asking her to ask the other girls if anyone needs a ride home. One of the girl's said "Why doesn't she text me to see if i need a ride? Why is she texting you? She knows my number, she can text me. Tell her that if she wants to know if i need a ride she can text me." Like, oh my goodness....i am miss queen. I then proceeded to say "She is doing that b/c it's a lot easier than texting every single one of you." Teens don't realize how good they have it, OR how bad they have it.
I heard something on the radio about how people are getting so deep into texting AND facebook that they forget they can talk to people. Like there are people who say they found out about a death in the family through facebook first, not a phone call. Seriously. Are you kidding me? Big events like that and people can't pick up the phone? Instead loved one's have to hear about it through facebook?!
Not only that , but we are in a society that is so much wanting instant gratification that it's sickening. I mean, i don't know how good Obama has done, but everyone seems to be disappointed. I don't care to keep up with it all b/c i am sick of politics. ANYWAY. One thing i DO know is that people wanted obama to fix this nation overnight and when he didn't they got angry. I think it takes lots of time to fix a place as messed up as USA. And we are so much a society wanting instant gratification that since he didn't fix it overnight they now want new people in office. Can't we all have a little more patience?! PATIENCE people. Seriously.
We are all ruining ourselves. Before we know it everyone will be OVERWEIGHT and sitting with their faces in front of their computer ALL DAY LONG and TEXTING ALL DAY LONG. Wait, that's already happening. Anyway. It's all starting to bug me b/c i feel like i am seeing it more and more. To the point where it's almost shocking.
Oh and here is some food for thought(tell me what you think)....Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier every year. Have you noticed that? For example...in the stores. Do you think it has anything to do with how bad the world is getting? Here is what i mean....Christmas makes people happy. Everything seems so much better when it's Christmas time. People are more giving, more helpful, more everything. It's a happier time. It's the most wonderful time of the year. :)Maybe Christmas keeps starting earlier and earlier b/c people need it more and more. They want that feeling to last longer than it does. They want that GOOD in their life as much as they can get it b/c there isn't much good in the world , and they are trying hard to find something good to hold on to for longer...Christmas.

1 comment:

Mandi Kay said...

Yes I'm with you on this Ash.......Facebook/blogging is a great way to keep in touch with people and to express oneself but it can also be a negative thing as well. Just like all good things have negatives. We are becoming more detached and removed as people....it's crazy. I need to be better at calling my family rather than just relying on txts and random messages via facebook to keep in touch.....thanks for the reminder :)