Monday, November 1, 2010

{IBS}

Anyone ever have problems with Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Or know anyone with it to know what the experience is like? Yesterday i started experiencing pains VERY similar, almost the same, as when i had a bowel obstruction(when the staple pinched off my intestine). It started at 9 a.m. and lasted until 2:30p.m.....during that time the pain increased the longer it went on. I got to the Urgent Clinic and for about an hour i experienced HORRIBLE stabbing pains in my upper abdomen. It felt like someone had a few knives and were stabbing it and twisting them all over in that one region of my stomach. It was just above my belly button. The pain was so intense that i couldn't control my emotions....i was squeezing shane's hand and the chair. I would have to say it was as intense, if not more, than the labor pains i have experienced. At 2:30 while waiting in the waiting room the pain suddenly stopped. Completely. I have been fine since...although i have been feeling a bit sick to my stomach, feeling kind of crampy and bloated. I woke up a few weeks ago in the middle of the night with these similar pains, but not near as intense. It bothered me enough to make me worry, but only lasted about 30 minutes. And before that i have experienced these pains a little, just randomly, but again, not severe. I went in and she felt my stomach and everything felt fine to her. She did a blood test to make sure i had no infection. Then she decided to diagnose me with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Oooookay.

Anyone experience problems with the IUD? I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with that only b/c i have been experiencing lots of problems with that for the past month and a half. Let me know what you think. I called to set up an appt. with the OB, BUT i can't be seen for a whole month.

No comments: