Monday, January 3, 2011

{2011 Goals}

We sat down as a family yesterday and wrote down our goals and what we want to accomplish this year.
As a family we want to...
1. read scriptures daily
2. Have FHE EVERY monday
3. Keep house clean...haha
4. Attend the temple at least every other month.
5. Go on a family vacation some time this year.

My goals
1. Train for a sprint triathlon(i want to do a few). I have been wanting to do one for YEARS and this is the year. I feel it. :) I have been done with JUST running for quite a few months now. I am ready to expand to bigger and better things. A variety. I tried transitioning to spinning/ cycling a few months ago, but haven't been consistent with it. Well, this year i am. I cannot wait. I LOVE LOVE to swim and cannot wait for the swimming part. Swimming was a huge part of my life up until i went to college. I have the running thing down since it has been a big part of my life for a few years now. Cycling...well, it just so happens that i have great resources in this area, namely my visiting teacher and her husband. Her husband is a professional biker and she is the instructor for cycling at the university here. She can help teach me a few things, plus get me incredible deals on the pro's bikes when they sell them and get new one's. The deals are ridiculous. :) I CANNOT wait.
2. Eat healthier....AND while i do that i am going to do the process of elimination. Certain foods that i eat seem to create stomach pains for me and make me bloated and sick. I haven't quite figured out yet what those foods are, but i am already starting to keep track of what i eat so i can figure out what's creating the problem.
3. Look my personal best.
4. Be a better mom, wife, and YW leader.
5. Go on a vacation with my hubby!
6. Advertise my photography so i can earn some money to accomplish my goals. ;)

2010 was an eventful year.
Shane graduated dental school.
We traveled around for most of the summer.
We moved to Texas.
Did lots of fun and exciting things together as a family.
We Had family and friends visit us in texas every single month since we moved here.

2011 will be another eventful year.
We will find out in March where we will be stationed next.
I turn 30 years old in June. yikes. I am freakin out. Really. It scares me.
We will be moving again in August.
We will have a fun summer with lots and lots of swimming.

1 comment:

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Go Ashley!! Sounds like you have great goals and so much ahead of you this year. It was so good to see you guys and I so wish we could've seen Jaydon. I'm sure you'll be tremendous at your goals. Makes me realize I need to be more specific with our goals!!