Wednesday, January 5, 2011

{Anyone with stomach issues?}

So, the past few days i am being very very careful about what i eat. I have been writing down everything i eat. And i am eating slowly at meals. Eating no sweets. And drinking more water! My water intake has been horrible. Really.

I am doing this because i have noticed that i get really bad stomach pains and get really bloated after i eat sometimes. I haven't really kept track of the things that i eat that make my stomach hurt, but it's time for me to figure this whole things out. Anyone else have this problem?

I am eating slowly b/c i read that if you eat too fast you can create gas in your stomach. Well, that's one thing i should try to be aware of. I don't know if i eat too fast, but i am making sure i take my time JUST IN CASE that could be it.

Part of me wonders if i have a food intolerance or a gallbladder issue since i have felt the pain under my ribs and in my upper abdomen that resembles symptoms of it. My dad has an intolerance for soy(and that is found in a lot of products) so maybe i do? My sister also has issues with her stomach when she eats certain things. Who knows what it is. We will see.

Over christmas break, we ate a thanksgiving dinner for Christmas dinner. Afterwards i had horrible pains in my upper stomach that nearly dropped me to the ground. Sharp. Shane carried me downstairs, laid me down and a few minutes later i felt better. It was so weird.

So, over the past three days i have done REALLY good. I have been eating pretty much the same stuff, and that consists of....
1. probiotic yogurt with Kashi go lean crunch spread on top of the yogurt and an orange....for breakfast. I have also eaten eggs and whole wheat english muffin, with an orange. :)
2. Lunch is usually turkey on whole wheat bread with olive oil mayo, and spinach on it. I eat that with some fresh chopped veggies(yellow bell peppers and grape tomatoes).
3. My snack depends on the day. I might eat a yogurt if i didn't eat it for breakfast, or i just don't have a snack. Or i might have some fruit.
4. Dinner has been a vegan tostado or chicken with beans, rice and a salad. Something of that sort.
5. And i like to snack at night while watching my shows. So we eat fruits and veggies.

SO FAR....since i have been eating good, drinking more water, and eating slowly, and eating no sweets.... I have had absolutely no stomach pains and no bloating. I love it.

Get this....the past few nights i have been sleeping sooooo good. I haven't slept this good in A LONG LONG TIME. Not kidding. I LOVE IT! If you know me....my sleep has been lacking big time. I used to be such a good sleeper. But have recently been sleeping terribly, which i would blame on shane b/c he tosses and turns all night long. SO, either shane isn't tossing and turning at night anymore OR i am sleeping through his restlessness ...i am pretty sure it's the latter! :) THANK YOU! finally.

Tanner and i pulled out the juicer yesterday. We juiced an orange and shared it. Then we juiced an apple. It tastes so fresh. I am going to buy lots of oranges and juice our own O.J. for our morning breakfasts. YUM!

1 comment:

Grams said...

Maybe you are sleeping better because you are eating better. Just a thought. Sorry you have been having trouble. Hope its not a problem requiring surgery. We love you and it was so great to have you here for the holidays. Love Mom