Monday, January 17, 2011

{So far this January...}


Every Saturday, for our family, is a deep cleaning day. We all have assigned chores that we have to do and we do them. It's quite wonderful. I love that the boys can really help out a lot more now. It eases my load. :) So, this last saturday shane decided the best way to clean puke off of the bean bag is to dump out the inside of the bean bag and wash the cover. Yes, it is a good idea UNTIL we found what was inside. It's these tiny itty bitty circular styrofoam things that stick to EVERYTHING. It was messy! We were covered in these things and had to beat ourselves to get them off.

Here is shane with the foam stuck all over his clothes. I decided to NOT show his face in this picture b/c he wasn't happy. I thought it was funny! :)
Here is Gavin at his basketball game. He does a great job and we love watching the games.

We just signed both Tanner and Gavin up for soccer this spring. Tanner is excited to get started in sports. They both like soccer a lot so i am excited to watch them play this spring season. After that they will be doing swim lessons all summer until they KNOW how to swim. :) I insist.

Jaydon is just getting over his pink eye. He had it pretty bad for a few days, plus major congestion. He would just have thick streams of snot coming out of his nose all day. It was terrible. And having to put those antibiotic drops in his eyes is a nightmare. We have to hold him down and force open his eyes to get the drops in. He is going to be scarred for life now. I think this is a defining moment...he is now going to be claustrophobic. I sat down on the floor today that i get in when we put the drops in his eyes, but i also sit like that when i change his diaper. He would not come to me b/c he was afraid i was going to put drops in his eyes. When i did get a hold of him and lay him down to try and change him he started FREAKING out. He was rolling back and forth, crying saying "no no!"....imagine me, rolling my eyes, "that's wonderful". Just what i want. You wonder why people are claustrophobic?!...it all starts in childhood when something bad happens, like being held down to get eye drops in. ;) I am claustrophobic and it's because i was held down all the time being TICKLED. :) haha! Sounds funny, but i am serious. I panic when someone tries holding my arms down to tickle me(ask shane) OR when i see someone holding my kids down to tickle them. It makes my blood pressure rise big time. so weird.

I was just diagnosed today with strep throat(it's really uncomfortable!). Yippee. I am sure the rest of my family is sure to follow. I will just sit and wait for any signs so that i can hurry and get them on antibiotics and beat it fast.
I can't wait for the summer. I can't wait to swim and have warm HOT heat again. :) I mean, it isn't really cold here during the winter and we don't even have snow, but i just love heat. :) People ask me what i think of the summer heat here...as if i won't like it...well, i like it.
I can't wait to find out where we are moving to in July. And i can't wait until shane is done with this residency so that he can actually have vacation! Oh wait...PAID vacation! HA! seriously...paid vacation. I can't even imagine. We have never experienced that before. Oh what sweet relief...and his life will slow down a ton....even more sweet relief. Oh summer, where are you?! :)

3 comments:

Lauri said...

I wish I was closer and I could bring you some essential oils for your throat!!!!!! The other day I got the WORST sore throat and I felt like crud. I thought, "I'm going to be done and out for days!" I used my oils that night and woke up and my sore throat was gone and I felt soooo much better. I can't wait to show you this book I have. Anyway, I hope you guys get better quick!!!
Those pictures of the bean bag stuffing made me laugh. BUT What a pain that must have been!!! Yikes!
Okay, so I feel for Jaydon. Jocelyn is now claustrophobic (Did I even spell that right?) because they held her down at the ER when she broke her elbow. First they were trying to get xrays and she didn't have ANY pain medication! Poor thing. Next they held her down when they were trying to put her to sleep so they could align her elbow and they were trying to get the IV in. HORRIBLE. I still remember that night vividly. Now she HATES when someone holds her down even to tickle her, she starts freaking out. AND she hates when she feels trapped in tight shirts, car seats, etc. I feel so bad for her. So I totally agree with you. It starts in childhood!
Gavin looks SO tall in his basketball pictures! Crazy!

The JL McGregor Family said...

I love the pictures with the bean bag stuffing!

Our offer to watch your kids while you go to the Dallas temple still stands!

Blake Jones said...

I totally agree with the claustrophobia thing. I got stuck inbetween 2 hotel room doors when I was little and have been claustrophobic ever since. Someone put one of those huge bean bags on me in high school then laid on it. I started screaming and crying. So embarrassing, but just my natural reaction to the situation. Hopefully my kids don't get it.