Saturday, October 8, 2011

{Forest Adventure}

Shane and I went ziplining at Forest Adventure. It was tons of fun. Here is the beginning of the trail which leads us to the check-in point. The sign says "WATCH OUT HABU". Habu is a poisonous snake here.
Some more of the trail leading to our check-in. We saw a beautiful red dragonfly. Prettiest red i had ever seen.
Shane is taking off on the zip line!
There he goes...They had about five or six different zip lines. You go on one and then you walk for a minute and come up to another one. It leads you all around the forest. You have to climb a ladder to get up to the platform where you take off.
Here wer are way up high on the platform together. :)

Shane used to be an acrobat. Bet you didn't know that. Here he is showing us some of his skills. :)

After the zipline, you then go to a course of different obstacles. I don't remember the name of it. But they had all kinds of stuff... If you see the picture below you see that platform nearest to us? Well, above that is another platform that i accidentally cut off in the picture, but you can see the underneath part of it. You climb up there on top. They hook you up and then you freefall for about 1-2 seconds and then it swings you right into that big net, where you are supposed to grab on with both hands. It was so fun. I think they call it the Tarzan swing. And then after that they have all kinds of things you climb across.

Here we are at the top of our last obstacle together. Beautiful view.

The landing part of every zipline is anything but graceful. They have tons of piled woodchips for you, but they have it piled so high that you can't really land on your feet. You just end up landing just like shane is in this picture. It was so funny. One of them gave me major whiplash. You slam into that green thing which stops you suddenly. And if you haven't stopped yet, then it slams pretty hard. And one of them was so fast and i didn't have time to stop, so when i hit it it flung me back and then forward and then i swung around and hit my HEAD on the ground(woodchips). Shane thought it was funny and wished he was recording it. haha! He wanted me to go through that again just so he could record it. :) So funny. He said it looked like i was in a car accident, just being flung all over.
Isn't he so good looking?! sheesh! :)
Then after our adventure we decided to stop at a FAMILY MART to pick up some great japanese food. It's an american version of a Quik Trip or some little mart at a gas station. BUT i think these are much better. They have some pretty good food in there. They even have a soup station so you can dish up soups. They have sushi's, sweets, etc. AND you wouldn't believe it, but they has SPAM in there! haha! I had to pick it up and read where it was made, just to help me feel like i had a piece of home. Any SPAM you pick up, look on the back and it says its made in "Austin, MN." That's where my parents live. :) Anyway, back to my story. We decided to get NIKUMAN. They are steamed pork buns. The lady that checked us out told us that mine was a nikuman and that shane's was a pitsuman...i am not sure if that's how you spell it. This one here is shane's...And here is mine..... They looked like a large version of those dumplings that kungfu panda was fighting for in the movie after he was done training.Here is the inside. Shane' tasted a lot like sloppy joe. I liked mine a lot better. The flour dough was amazing. I don't know what or how they do it, but the bread is so bouncy, fluffy, and soft...unlike any bread i have ever had. It was awesome! I need to learn how to make these.
Then we both picked out a sweet. The sweets here are nothing like the States. They aren't near as sweet. Shane got what looked like a HUGE twinkie. He had a nice surprise on the inside after he took a bite....a banana. The taste is a lot more bland than you would think by looking at it. Here was mine. It looks yummy doesn't it? It was really good...not near as sweet as you would think, but still satisfying. And again, the bread part of this sweet was so amazing. The cake part was so moist and bouncy and soft. I could just eat that alone.
We had such a fun fun fun adventure today. I am ready for round two. :) We are actually going out again on Monday on another date. Shane has the day off. He gets lots of time off now. Seriously, it's so exciting. We get to go on dates OFTEN. I LOVE IT. Monday we are going to eat at a japanese restaurant. I love japanese food. I want to try everything here. I just can't take it in fast enough.
Uncle Zip and Aunt Donna...if you are reading this....i so wish you could see the furniture they sell here. And the pieces you can buy to accessorize your home with. You would DIE! They have such unique and authentic stuff that they sell....they are items from all over Vietnam, Phillipines, china, Germany, etc. And they sell for awesome prices. I so wish you could see this. You know that globe you sold to my parents with different gems for each state and country? I saw that here...It's from Thailand. It's so unique. And it's such a steal of a deal that i think we might regret not buying one.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Holy smokes, woman! You are so tan! :) I guess living in a tropical paradise will do that to you!! hahaha. That looks like SO MUCH FUN! It is awesome that you and Shane are getting to go on so many fun adventures together after so many tough schooling years! I'm loving reading your blog with all the new things you do/try.
By the way, I totally think Jocelyn is a horse whisperer! :) I don't think it's dumb at all. You should see her w/these animals! It's amazing. I WISH you could take pics of her with them. I still stink w/my camera...but I am determined to finally learn! Really this time! :)

Mandi Kay said...

So glad you guys got to go out and have some "couple time" I love reading abut your many adventures. You're a beauty!!! I LOVE your skin......always have. The glow you have is beautiful. And Shane looks so good too!!! I missssssssss yyyyyoooooooouuuuuuuuuu

Lauren said...

I need to stop reading your blog. you are making me so jealous with your sunshine, amazing tan, and fun adventures! :) I wasn't brave enough to pick Japan, but now I wish I had. So glad you guys are enjoying it!