Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{This and That}

We were on a walk the other day on the Habu Trail when we saw the biggest spider we have ever seen. This one was about the size of shane's hand. He had about an eight food web. It was like something out of Arachnaphobia. Not kidding. On our way back home we saw about three more. They weren't quite as large as that first one, but still LARGE!!!

Jaydon fell down the stairs. He tried carrying his big Tonka truck down the stairs all by himself. He is such an independent thing. That tonka truck is as big as him and it's not plastic. It's metal. I suddenly heard booming all the way down the stairs and the scream at the end of it made me panic. People, i will share something with you...i do NOT say cuss words. Never have felt a desire or need. Just don't. BUT when i heard that banging down the stairs and heard my sweet baby cry like that i jumped up, cussed, and ran. Don't worry, my kids didn't hear it b/c they were upstairs. :) ANYWAY....i went over to him and he was bleeding pretty bad from above his eye. I just wanted to cry my eyes out b/c i felt so bad for him. There have been a couple times where my kids get hurt bad enough that it makes me want to cry and i just wish i could take the pain away for them. I just wanted to hold him, but we had to figure out what exactly got hurt. He had a deep wound above his eyebrow on one side. The other one had a big purple/red line that was about 2 inches across. The side of his nose had a bruise looking thing there. His forehead has a goose egg and a bunch of bruises on it. His arm got bruised as well. He looked like he got beat up. He is okay now. BUT it was terribly sad. I think when my kids get hurt like that it is more traumatizing for me than for them.

I received a new calling on Sunday. BUT i am not allow to say what it is until they announce it, right? So, maybe i should wait to mention it until then. I will say that i am happy about it. I have been wanting this calling for quite awhile. I do have a story to tell along with it when i actually tell you what it is. AND we are both giving talks on sunday.

We are fixing up our home....actually making it look like a hOME!! I am so excited and am loving it. We will have to post some pictures of our home for everyone to see when we are done. :)

The boys are back in swim lessons. Tanner is still doing private lessons and i decided to put gavin in private lessons too. I think private lessons are more effective than the group lessons that have EIGHT kids to one teacher. :) Private are more expensive, but we get more out of it. I am determined for these boys to be good swimmers! :)

No comments: