Tuesday, March 6, 2012

{blah}

Today is one of those days.
Jaydon got sick yesterday. I think it's strep because of all the symptoms. Funny how as soon as we
take Tanner's tonsils out that Jaydon gets strep for the first time. bahaha! It's really
NOT funny. Tanner has been complaining of his throat hurting. I think
he is at that point where it will be scabbing over and so i know it can be sore when that
happens. Tomorrow is ONE week since his surgery. ONE more week
and he can start eating NORMAL again. thank goodness. I woke up feeling pretty
light headed and have a slight headache. I have been getting headaches
lately. I don't get headaches so it's kind of weird.
SHANE took his PT test on Monday and received a 97%!!! If these guys score a 95 or higher
they will receive a day off of work. SO, he is taking off next Monday! whoop whoop!
I really enjoy cooking. It's my new passion and hobby. Well, not really NEW.
Probably for the past 1 1/2 to 2 years it has been. AND lucky for me
i have some AWESOME friends here with tons of AWESOME recipes that i can't wait
to try! SOOOO good. :) I would love to eventually make my own tortillas and
peanut butter...i already make our breads, pancake mixes, etc. When my parents come in April my dad
is going to help me start my own veggie garden. Of course, i can't build
it in the ground. I have to buy big vases and pots and tubs, but i will make it happen!! :)
I am going to grow grape tomatoes, cilantro, basil, and a couple more things. I am
sooooo excited! :)
Gavin is still working hard at reading 100 books. So far he has read 30 books. He is a lucky boy because he rarely gets sick. He has only missed ONE day of school since 1st grade
started. And it wasn't because he was sick. He does gets tons of
homework, BUT i think it's good because he is learning a lot.
It's getting warm around here. The sun is shining and it's in the 70's, although the
sun does feel a lot hotter than that. It feels AWESOME.
Last night i was talking to the boys in their room as i was putting them to bed. Shane was gone home teaching. I enjoy having evening conversations with the boys
because they really open up to me about lots of stuff, usually spirtual things. The conversations
are always really good.

No comments: