Sunday, March 25, 2012

{Shane}

There are so many things i can say about Shane. I just hope this post will do him justice. :)

We are so lucky to have Shane. He is such a hard worker. He provides for us and keeps a roof over our heads. He makes it possible for us to eat well, and to do many fun things together as a family. He works hard at anything placed in his hands, especially when it comes to his family. He wants to be the best dentist, the best dad and the best husband. Because he expects near perfection from himself, if he doesn't do it exactly the way he thinks he should then he can get pretty down on himself. I think this is common among most people. The thing is, we can't reach perfection in this life, but when we are giving our best that is what matters. And he is always trying to give his best. I notice that and i love him for that. I love how much he fights for us, his family.

Shane is a wonderful DAD. His boys LOVE him so much and look up to him. They love when Shane wrestles with them, when he gets in his goofy moods, and when he plays sports with them. He is coaching Gavin's basketball team and Gavin LOVES it. He is so proud to have his dad coaching him. Shane loves basketball and is coaching for Gavin because he knows that Gavin should have that experience with him, that bonding experience. He pushes the boys to be better and encourages them to believe in themselves when they think they can't do it.

He is always the leader at dinner table. Every sunday when we sit down to eat, he asks everyone what they learned in class at church. During the week he asks them how their days were and always asks them if they were obedient boys to mommy that day. :) He keeps them in check. He always takes charge during our family prayers and is sure to give everyone a turn for our family prayers. He goes in order, starting from oldest to youngest.

He is so funny. He gets in lots of weird, dramatic and silly moods. Of course we all love it. When he gets excited you will know it. :) I don't want to go into too much detail. haha! He doesn't hide it emotions. When he is excited he is bursting at the seams. When he gets in funny moods it always gives us a good laugh. That's usually at the dinner table. :)


I really enjoy when Shane surprises me with cleaning the house. Like this last weekend. I went for a 10 mile run on saturday. I came back and the entire upstairs was cleaned. It was a disaster before that. He got the boys to clean their rooms and he cleaned our room. He is always great at getting the boys to do what they are supposed to do. He is so much better at that than i am. :) I am really glad i have him for that. Then on Sunday i came home from church after the first hour because i was starting to feel sick. He came home after church and helped take care of me. He cleaned the downstairs for me. Yes , partially because it was dirty and he couldn't take it anymore, but he DID IT with love. :) It was wonderful. It's nice knowing that i have a teammate to help me out when i need it. I promise my house isn't always dirty. haha! Some weeks i am so busy that i really don't have time to clean GREAT, other weeks i am not busy and can easily keep it clean. You know.

Shane has a deep desire to help others. And when he does i can see how it boosts his confidence just a bit with each time he does it. I love watching that. :) He is good at taking charge. I think he hesitates sometimes, for certain reasons, BUT he has a powerhouse inside him waiting to be released. He is already a great leader, but there is so much more in there,Like a volcano about to burst. He is one that many people look up to. Truly. He won't like me giving him so much attention on here or bragging about him like this, but i am going to....there is one person in particular that i know looks up to him. He looks to shane a lot before making decisions. This guy watches shane. He wants to know if Shane is doing it and if shane is then he will do it. He looks up to him and i know that WHO shane IS helps this guy to be a better person.

Shane's personality is one that helps push anyone to be a better person. He is very competitive. He is a leader. He is always reaching for 100%. He is always such a light to be around and people gravitate to him, naturally.

I am grateful for him. He loves me so much and i know this. He is always giving his best, even if sometimes i don't notice it in the moment, i always notice it later. He is my best friend. He is always trying to help me to be better, even when it's something i don't want to hear. :) He pushes me. Encourages me. When i feel sad or angry he is always there trying to cheer my mood up. I am so grateful he holds the priesthood and for what an example he is to our boys. I know i can count on him for anything. I love who he is. I think sometimes i hold back my feelings. I don't know why. Yes, i am admitting that. I need to do a lot better. He makes me want to do better at that. i know that if i am giving him what he needs, he will go two steps further to give me what i need. HE is such a strong masculine man, but such a sweetheart inside. He is a softy in many ways and i love that so much about him. He is exactly what i need. We have been through so much together and have learned so much together. I am so grateful that he is my eternal companion. I am so lucky to have him and i love him soooo much.

No comments: