Saturday, March 3, 2012

{Whale Watching}

Shane and Gavin went whale watching today. I was supposed to go with them, but i decided it's best that i stay with Tanner and not leave him with our friends since he just had his tonsils out. BUT it sounds like i REALLY missed out because they HIT IT good today! The whales were everywhere. There were even groups of dolphins swimming with the whales, which i guess has been a rare thing to see.
Gavin even spotted flying fish! He never would have known it was flying fish if we didn't have the LIFE and ANIMAL PLANET videos that show us all of that cool stuff! These next 2 photos are hard to tell exactly what part of the whale you are looking at. He caught the pictures a little late, and they were really close to the boat. And shane said when they blew out of their blow hole it was so loud, especially right by the boat. I can only imagine HOW COOL that experience was for them. I am jealous. When they were telling me about it i felt like i was there. I want to swim with the dolphins and whales so bad. I love the ocean. I would live in it if i could. :)

There were FIVE other boats out there with them. AND it just happened to be a BEAUTIFUL day today! SUN was OUT, it was in the 70's! We have been getting a lot of rain here for the past couple of months! Driving me nuts!
Here are the dolphins!
Two of my favorite boys getting ready to head out to sea!!! They had to arrive to Kadena Marina at 7:30 a.m. They got back around 12:15. It took about an hour and a half boat ride to get out to where the Whales and dolphins were.
SOOOOO cute!!!

Poor shane got a little sea sick on the ride OUT and the RIDE BACK. When they got out there to watch the whales he said it was pretty smooth, BUT apparently the ride to and from was pretty rough. There was another woman on the boat ride that was puking the whole time. Poor lady.

2 comments:

Spencer & Suzy said...

Those pics are awesome! I totally want to do this too!! What a fun memory for Gavin :)

Lauri said...

Amazing!!! What a fun trip for those two! I want to go!!!! :)