Wednesday, March 14, 2012

{Jaydon, plus a couple updates}

First, Tanner got pneumonia. He started wheezing monday. I waited it out to see if it would slow down. It pretty much stayed the same up until this morning. He came and laid down next to me in bed this morning. He was wheezing in my EAR, but i also heard crackling noises with the wheezing. I knew that wasn't normal. I remember the last time he got pneumonia and the doctor was listening for crackling sounds. So, i took him into the ER where he and I and Jaydon spent the next 6 hours together. FUN, let me tell you. I didn't realize it would take so darn long. We probably saw the doctor a total of ten minutes. X-ray took a total of ten minutes. ANYWAY, i mustn't dwell on that. Turns out he has pneumonia, but he will be fine.
Now onto Jaydon.
Sorry , all his pictures are at the bottom because the DUMB blog is being difficult. Ughhhhh, my kids are driving me crazy right now! Let's see if i can explain this nicely right now. :)
Jaydon is very different from his brothers in ways. When Gavin and Tanner were small like Jaydon is now... Not small as in his size, but as in his age ... They didn't do lots of talking. Jaydon won't stop talking. Why this? Why that? What's this? What's that? It's pretty constant. The other boys asked questions, but not like Jaydon is doing now. No no no.
Jaydon refused to say his name for quite awhile. I just thought he was being stubborn, but turns out he just didn't know how to SAY his name. We (shane) finally got it out of him last night. He just kept calling himself "ME". We would point to him and say "who is this?" He would say "ME". He always says ME instead of I. It's cute. "Me hurt my knee." "ME have to poop." I like his "ME" phase.
Jaydon loves to play, loves to be tickled, LOVES to wrestle endlessly with Shane, LOVES to tease Tanner. Boy does he love to tease tanner. It's his favorite thing, i think. Tanner doesn't like it. AND he likes to tease everyone else in the family. EVEN me. He thinks teasing is so fun and he really enjoys it.
Jaydon is a thrill seeker. He does things all the time that scare me. The other boys never really took big chances. Tanner is our MOST careful boy. He is cautious. Jaydon is our crazy one. He likes jumping off of everything, among other things.
He is soooooo loveable, just like the other boys. He loves to take care of mommy and anyone else who needs it. My favorite time with him is when i tuck him into bed. He just wants to hold onto me and not let go. And he plays with my hair and tells me he loves me. It's the BEST.
He loves to have friends. He sticks up for himself, but he doesn't like to be mean to his friends. So, usually when he sticks up for himself one of the little nursery kids will hit him or bite him. He told me after church the other day, "my feelings hurt." I said, "what happened"? He said, "Me friend hit my face." It was so sad. Gavin did something mean to him the other day and Jaydon said to me so sweetly, "Galin(he says gavin with the L instead of a V) hurt my feelings." It's so sweet.
He likes to try and take charge of his brothers. He thinks he is the boss. He has a strong personality. He is a thick boy! BIG. One day he will be playing some football. I can see him getting into rough and tough sports like football or rugby.
On the other hand he can sure throw a fit. AND of course he does it IN public where he knows i can't put him in timeout. He often hits his brothers. Gavin and Tanner never were big into hitting each other. Then Jaydon comes along and he just swings that arm left and right at those boys. It bugs me. He is soooooooo stubborn too. SOOOO stubborn. Much more than his other brothers. He has a strong personality.
He loves to be cuddled and loved. He can never get enough of it. He is aware of people's feelings. He really is such a sweetheart. He melts hearts everywhere, especially the Japanese. He sure puts on his big cheesy charming smile for them. He is so funny. He sure is mischevious too.
Jaydon brings lots of excitement and laughs into our home. I love that he is always making us laugh or smile, especially when we need it. He lights up a room. He reminds me a lot of his daddy. He is so full of LIFE and energy, and i felt that from the time he was in my belly. When he was in my belly i got the sense that he was READY to get out and start LIFE and get the party started. I had this sense he would come EARLY because he was too antsy to WAIT until full -term and he came 3 weeks early! And he has always been that way.

No comments: