Friday, November 7, 2008

{Life}

Something to think about: I am reading "The Last Lecture". In it Randy Pausch just described a moment when he was a kid in football and his coach just gave him a really hard time during practice and this is how it proceeds, "When i was finally dismissed, one of the assistant coaches came over to reassure me. 'Coach Graham rode you pretty hard, didn't he?' I could barely muster a 'yeah.' 'That's a good thing,' the assistant told me. 'When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore, that means they've given up on you.' That lesson has stuck with me my whole life. When you see yourself doing something badly and nobody's bothering to tell you anymore, that's a bad place to be. You may not want to hear it, but your critics are often the ones telling you they still love you and care about you, and want to make you better."
Just thought i would share this. I really liked it and it made me ponder my life situations when i've had family always there to push me and who never gave up on me. :)

5 comments:

Skye said...

That is an awesome thought, thanks for sharing it. It really does make you stop and think.

zsa zsa & papa said...

hh

zsa zsa & papa said...

that was so thoughtful and wonderful. these are lifes lessons you learn and will be so valuable to you with your children.

Grams said...

That is a great thought. Thanks for sharing it. It is so right on the money. I know I have been on both ends of the situation. Love you guys. Love Mom

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Did you watch any of the TV specials about him? Scott and I watched one a few months ago that was really touching. By the way, I tried to comment a few days ago on your election post, but it looks like you might have deleted it (it keeps them in my reader, even if if the person deleted the post). I agree with you 100%!