Monday, November 24, 2008

Our drive to Minnesota...

Well, whenever we go out of town we ALWAYS get sick. BUT i didn't think that it would hit us this time around since we were driving and hadn't been around people. Well, so far i have been right, BUT it hit us in a different way on our DRIVE to Minnesota! As soon as we got to Chicago Tanner decides to puke. Not once, not twice, not three times, but four. Now, you guys i get car sick if i don't look out the window. Turning around and reading books make me sick! I was thinking Tanner couldn't be sick with the flu. He must just have car sickness. Luckily that was the case, but we never experienced that with him before. Poor thing. That is the worst. Well, i had to climb in the back to clean up the puke, and the whole time i am gagging. I started getting very nauseated. It was freezing outside, but i NEEDED AIR, so Shane rolled down all the windows. We froze quickly, but he had to do that for me like ten times so that i wouldn't puke myself. Well, Tanner decided to puke a second time, luckily that time i was there to catch the puke in a bag. I was still gagging. Then later he puked a third and fourth time. The entire rest of the drive, which was 5 hours, i felt sooooo sick trying so hard to keep from puking myself. Luckily Tanner was fine as soon as he got out of the car. Me on the other-hand, i was so nauseated the rest of the day, as well as the whole next day. I have been fine since then, but i am definitely not looking forward to the drive on the way home and neither is Tanner. I will have to drive and let Shane clean up the vomit for a change. :) Oh, anybody have good ideas about how to help Tanner with car sickness? Sooo much for my great idea of building good memories while traveling. I mean, these are definitely memories...definitely something to remember as well as something that we will be glad is over with. Maybe when they get a bit older that is when it will be more fun. :)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I would give him some Dramamene so go to the pharmacy and ask them what dose to give to a child his age..also there are some bracelets at the store that u can buy that are like wristbands that u put on them and they push on that nerve or vain right on their wrist that is supposed to help with car sickness...good luck

Amanda said...

I read that you can put up a blanket in the window so that he doesn't see the cars or outside passing by. that might help. also, make sure he isn't hungry, that could make it worse.

Keep saltines and things on hand! good luck!

Lauri said...

Ohhhh, Ashlee. I feel for you!!!! You know me, I would be gagging the whole time too! Poor Tanner. He is just too cute to be sick! :) I would definitely try some Dramamene for him on the way back! Maybe you'll have a chance for good memories then! :) I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

Ashley said...

Ash I am so sorry that that had to happen for you guys hopefully nothing more will happen and you can just enjoy your Thanksgiving at your parents house!
Happy Thanksgiving by the way!! We love you guys!!

Becky said...

ok- did I miss something or is the side bar the announcement?
Congrats!!!!!

This Mom said...

Where does he sit in the car?? If you can put him in the middle so he can look out the front window and not the side windows.

Try the damamine as well.