Thursday, December 11, 2008

{Aaahhhh...just breathe} just blabbing

It isn't a good combination when you have a husband in the middle of FINALS and a wife that wants to be...LAZY. :) I like to be supportive. I like to help out. I like to make sure the house is clean and dinner is on the table when Shane gets home. It just feels good to be able to do that for him and for me. It makes our home feel more like a home. Well, i have been doing good about making dinner. I make dinner every night. Most people say "oh go eat out. Go pick some pizza up." I like to eat out like once a month. That is it. I feel gross when i eat out. I much prefer to cook. It feels a lot healthier to me. I think if most people knew how much fat they were consuming every time they eat out they would slow down a bit with it. Even when you think you are eating healthy, it isn't so healthy. ANYWAY, there are times when i can't stand cooking. During those times i just cook pancakes OR toast with eggs, something VERY easy. :)
I lack soooo much energy lately. I try to keep the main part of the house clean - the dining room and t.v. room...oh, and my studio. My kitchen for the past few days looks like a tornado went through it. UGH. I can't find the darn energy to want to clean my kitchen. It is like the last thing on earth i want to do. BUT i LOVE to have a clean kitchen when i cook. AND since i cook every night, well, with a dirty kitchen it just makes cooking not so fun. During my lazy days i have been watching A LOT of The Food Network. I LOVE watching them cook. I LOVE it. LOVE IT. It makes me dream about one day when i have a bigger kitchen and nicer utensils and pots and pans to work with. I will be in the kitchen cooking a great dinner every night. AND having fun doing it. Now, don't get me wrong. I won't be in the kitchen all day. I will be in there just for dinner, since that is the only meal i cook. I cook once a day. I don't cook breakfast or lunch. Just dinner. Good thing i put love and thought into my dinner's otherwise i might get some complaints around here. :) The kids eat cereal, most days, and toast with a banana. The only time i cook oatmeal is if we are running low on cereal and i haven't been shopping. I never make pancakes for breakfast. Never bacon or sausage. If i do that it will be a BIG treat. For lunch, well, it is pbj sandwiches OR chicken sandwiches with yogurt and usually one other thing. That is the way i grew up. I liked it. I didn't mind it. I LOVE cereal. So, that is how i do it.
I love my boys. BUT you women know how it is... when you are pregnant and your hormones decide to make you really irritable one day. Yeah. Well, those days i just try to keep my distance from my boys. I tell them to go play upstairs. I try to give them something to do to keep them occupied for awhile. I do that b/c i have no patience. I don't want to be mean. So, if i keep my distance i won't be mean. :) (side note: they just came into my room pretending to be dogs. They are panting with their tongues hanging out. It is really cute.)
I don't really have a point to this post. I just felt like typing out what i am feeling. It is a relief for me to write down my feelings.
Now, somehow i am still able to find the energy to workout. Okay, i must rephrase that. I don't have the energy, i just force myself to do it b/c i want this pregnancy to be different than my other ones. I am determined. I am doing an "experiment". I have been consistently working out for 2 years now. I have never consistently worked out like that in my life. I don't think. Anyway, they say that if you workout during pregnancy that you won't feel as many aches and pains and that it will make labor and delivery better for you, and recovery. So , i really want to try it and see if it works. I really don't want this one to be as painful as it was when i was pregnant with Tanner. So, we will have to wait and see if it works. (fingers crossed)
I am hungry. I am gonna go eat now.

1 comment:

Blake Jones said...

i think exercise helped me tons!/i just made me feel better. Staying active in general helps(after the 1st trimester) I hope you feel better soon. We love our pics. We put a bunch of them on our wall and anyone who sees them loves them. Blake has had like 20 friends on facebook comment on them.