Monday, December 1, 2008

Our drive home...

Ugghhh...What can i say. First of all, in the past we have hated going through Chicago b/c the traffic has been horrible, but the past few times we have gone through we haven't had to sit in traffic. So the next thing to hit us in Chicago is Tanner's car sickness. He vomitted on the way to Minnesota and on the way home as well. As soon as we hit Chicago he gets sick and vomits about 3-4 times. Poor kid. I feel bad for him. I kind of felt bad for myself, but when your kid is sick you have to help him even if you feel like absolute CRUD yourself. I just about puked again. I get car sick too. Plus i am nauseated throughout the day with morning sickness. Then when i have to help my child puke in a bag, looking down and over at him(if you get car sick you know you mainly have to look out the window otherwise you get sick) well, you get the picture. The rest of the trip i was miserable. Now, don't feel sorry for us. I am not telling this for you to feel sorry for us. This is just our story. I want to remember it. :) Me sitting in between both of the carseats is uncomfortable enough. I am squished. On top of that Gavin started gagging when he saw Tanner puke. He is a gagger. He gets it from his daddy. :) Anyway, i thought at first that he was going to vomit too. I was about to have a total and complete breakdown. Oh what a day. Oh what a ride. At that moment i decided we will not drive again. Of course i will change my mind as soon as i can forget that feeling. So far, our traveling definitely hasn't been as memorably good as i remember when i was a kid! :) Maybe when they are a bit older! :)
Aside from that, we had a great Thanksgiving with my family. It was so much fun. I didn't want to leave. We ended up staying a day longer than we originally planned b/c we didn't want to go home yet. :) Thanks mom and dad! :)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Did you give him anything for the car sickness? Next time, I would give him something to knock him out. Poor guy! barfing is the worst!!!

I'm glad you made it safely home!

Sherrie said...

Car sickness is the worst thing ever. Rachey has problems with it. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving though!

Lauri said...

I'm just laughing picturing Gavin gagging!!!! Too funny! (And it's mostly funny b/c I gag so much too!)
I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Are you going to Idaho for Christmas?

Grams said...

You are so descriptive Ash. :) I remember so much my youth as I was forever car sick. My poor parents. Sometimes they just let me out of the car and I would walk for awhile. You can't do that with a two year old though. I'm glad you had a great time and are home safe. Love you guys. Mom

Melissa said...

Bad Luck struck again YIKES!

Thanksgiving sounded fun though but I bet it is nice to be home.

Ashley said...

Oh Ash I am so sorry about that! Luckily you are home now and can rest from that car ride! But I am glad that you had a wonderful time at your parents house!! Thanksgiving is so much fun!
We love you guys