Wednesday, December 3, 2008

More about Thanksgiving...

I am very proud of myself. This Thanksgiving i did majority of the cooking and let my mom sit back and relax for once. :) I cooked the Turkey, the stuffing, the rolls, the wassail, and the green bean casserole. My dad did 2 sides and the only thing my mom had to be in charge of was the potatoes. I really enjoyed cooking. It was lots of fun. It is especially nice when i have nice utensils and pots and pans. It makes it easier. I am now determined to invest in a few really good cutting knives. Their knives were so sharp that i could cut any vegetable with extreme ease. That is my next purchase. I LOVE cutting and chopping food IF i have a good knife. :)

Black Friday morning Shane got up a little before 5:00 a.m. to go to Wal-Mart to get a few things. He came home with a few things for our house and for the boys. Well, when i woke up we decided to go back. We came home with a few more things that time as well. It was fun. It is funny how early people get up to go shopping! I did a little shopping online! I obviously need sweaters. Well, there was no point in buying sweaters since i am pregnant and can't even wear them. So, i decided to do some maternity sweater shopping. They had pretty good deals on GAP(a site i frequently visit in search of good deals). I bought a few sweaters and just got them yesterday. I like them a lot. :) My stomach is sticking out, but the maternity sweaters still look baggy on me. I have to wear them though b/c i don't have winter sweaters and it is getting in the 20's now. :) yikes.

We had our annual Texas Hold'em tournament. It was me, Shane, my dad, Stephen, my cousin and his wife, playing. My dad gave the winner $40, second place $20, and third got $10. I got second place this time. Last year i won first! I am pretty good at this gambling thing. :) haha.

Well, my next post i will be sure to put up some pictures. My mother-in-law reminded me that it is about time i put up some pictures. :) I agree. I think i will have to post some later! :) I am kind of mad at myself b/c i didn't take ANY pics over Thanksgiving. I used our camcorder though. I might have to put up some live action from that too. :)

1 comment:

jennywren said...

Ashlee & Shane--I got your blog address from Shane's sister Mandy today (while we were at Grandpa's funeral), and I had to come check it out. I love how you write and it's fun to see what you guys are up to. I also saw your photography site--beautiful pictures! Anyway, feel free to drop by our blog as well if you'd like. Hope you guys are all feeling better after your trip home...I feel your pain, cuz I have my own little boy who likes to get carsick as well. Have a happy Christmas! ~Jennifer (Shane's cousin)