Monday, December 15, 2008

Sleep, what sleep?!

Once upon a time i used to be a good sleeper. Until i got married and had kids. I used to be able to sleep through the whole night without waking up once. I had wonderful night sleeps. Shane, oh Shane... his mind is like a spinning wheel. It never stops. He tosses and turns through the whole night.
1.Some nights i wake up to a shaking bed b/c he is figgiting his feet b/c he can't sleep.
2.Other nights i wake up to him saying "Are you AWAKE?!!?" Well, now i am. :)
3.Every night he wakes up to go to the bathroom, which i NEVER have to do unless i am pregnant. And since i am pregnant i have been waking up to go pee too...half the time i go when Shane wakes up to go. It is funny b/c i am grumpy in the night if i do wake up or get woken up. i don't know how to smile in the middle of the night. When i go in to go pee after him he acts like its the middle of the day. He is WIDE awake. He hugs me and says, "Hi honey!" hahaha. It is hilarious to think about it. His cheery face at 2 in the morning. How does he do it?! I can't do it. I am grateful for those cheery smiles even though in the middle of the night when he does it i think "what in the world?!"
4.OR there are the 4:00 in the morning runs he decides to go on b/c he can't sleep. Yup. Can you imagine. He goes down to run on the treadmill. In our old house you can hear every footstep, every sneeze, cough, whimper. So, imagine a 200 lb. person running on a treadmill in this house and the sound it makes in the quiet night. Plus, the ceiling is low, so occasionally his head HITS the ceiling. Not kidding. So, i hear the treadmill, the head banging, and the music playing.
5.OR he sometimes wants to cuddle me in the night. So, he comes up behind me and squeezes me, which obviously wakes me up(which is a good way to wake up IF i HAVE to)...BUT it isn't just a cuddle. It is like i am his body pillow. He lays half of his body on me. Not too comfortable. I get smooshed. :) haha.
6.Other nights i wake up to his loud gas he decides to let out at 2 in the morning. hahaha. Yup.
7. Then there were those early mornings not too long ago where for about 2 weeks straight Shane would wake up at 4 in the morning, which would wake me up. We both would be wide awake at 4 in the morning and not be able to go back to sleep. So we would get up and go watch tv together. Luckily that only lasted for 2 weeks. I don't know what that was all about.

Anyway, do you get the idea of what kind of sleeper he is? Well, it is rubbing off on me. I wake up a few times in the night. I toss and turn and figgit. And now that i am pregnant, last night was my first night to experience the sore hip from laying too long on one side. Great. It is already starting. I already wake up a few times in the night and now it is going to turn into me being half awake all night. When the baby comes it will be 3 hours of sleep at night. I need to mentally prepare myself for this. :) Truly,these are great memories, i know. If i can already laugh about some of this as i write it then years from now i will love reading this post. :)

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Man. Andy has many sleepless nights too. Maybe he and Shane need to get together at 4 in the morning or something! We could have grocery lists all ready for them, and the could go grocery shopping! While we slept! Ha!

Carrie said...

That's better than Ryan...he falls asleep either in the middle of his sentence or in the middle of mine. I'm a night owl so sometimes I wish I had someone to be awake with me - especially being pregnant. I love reading your blog by the way, it cracks me up!

The JL McGregor Family said...

Isn't he tired constantly??

I (Jenn) am the one who can't fall asleep and then wakes up all through the night. (Joe is the one who falls asleep while we are talking). I don't usually get up though. I just stay in bed and try so so hard to go back to sleep because I hate being tired!

Sleepless nights are not good when you are pregnant!

The Beecrofts said...

I do not do well on little sleep. It is one of the many things I dislike about being prego!

Monica and Stephen said...

I totally understand what you are goint through. Not only because I am pregnant also but because Steve is the same way. He is a restless sleeper also. Just wait for the baby. It will be here before you know it.
by the way, I need your address so I can send you our chirstmas card and picture. You can email it to me at mnmtwirler@hotmail.com
Thanks