Thursday, October 21, 2010

{Do you prefer all 4 seasons OR Not?}

I have made a decision. I used to say i wanted to live somewhere that gets no snow. I have changed my mind. Now, i am so not saying that i love snow. I can DEAL with snow as long as i am somewhere that doesn't have a gloomy winter. :) I am REALLY REALLY missing fall out east. It is soooooo beautiful there during the fall. TREES galore. Nothing but bright reds, yellows, and oranges. I need to move back that direction. Maybe to Boston or something. Have you seen Hocus Pocus? If you haven't you are nuts. That is such a fun Halloween movie. If you have seen it do you remember the scenery in it? I think it is in Boston or somewhere nearby. One of the reasons i LOVE watching it is b/c the area the movie is set in is so beautiful. I love the houses, all the leaves. It is dreamy. Really i can't complain b/c i am really enjoying the nice weather here. It is in the low 80's and is SUNNY a lot, which is what i need and want. BUT at the same time, i love Fall. I am missing it right now. I love the crisp beautiful BRIGHT colors. I love the feeling that i get when that coolness fall feel comes into the air. And really , no place is quite like the EAST when it comes to the fall. I wish i could customize weather and make every season exactly what i want it to be and look exactly the way i want it to look. :) ANYWAY, just had to say that. I think i am ready to live in a place with all four season. Now, we do get all four seasons here, BUT not quite like i want it. Eeewww, i am just so picky! :) When winter comes around i might change my mind and say, FORGET all 4 seasons! I LOVE this! :)

1 comment:

The JL McGregor Family said...

I know exactly what you mean! While you don't want it freezing cold and gloomy for months, for a few weeks it would be nice to feel like fall... at least long-shirt weather. And in the winter... sometimes it is nice to have snow, not just to play in, but to bundle up and sit in the warm house, drink hot chocolate, and watch the snow falling outside. Beautiful.

Well, it did snow a few times here last year. We even went sledding (oh how Joe gave me a hard time about bringing the sled to TX). And it actually gets pretty stinking cold in Jan and Feb... the night/week we got here, the highs were in the low 40's. And I hear that it is snowing today up east in some parts, and I don't think I am ready for that, yet. I guess you are right. We can't have it all!