Wednesday, October 13, 2010

{Random writings}

First- I just finished reading my friend's post about how she broke her wrist and she told stories about how so many people were there to help her out. Friend's came left and right to help her out. After i read that i thought, man, she is lucky. hhmmm... I do have one here that i know of that would do that. She is wonderful. Really. Then it made me think....do people who have wonderful friend's like that realize how lucky they are?

And a random change here....but do people who live close to temples (within 30 minutes drive) realize how lucky they are? Truly? I think about people who live 10 minutes away and i think, "man, do they realize?" Most of my life i have always lived at least 2 hours from a temple. AND since we have been married that has been the story. It can be so hard sometimes to find the time to get there. It's frustrating. I feel the urge to go, but can't. I mean, life is busier than it has ever been. Each night is filled with something....weekends are filled with shane being on call or some kind of YM/YW activity i need to attend to, or something is happening. So, it can be really hard to match our schedules up so that we can go. It's a 2 hour drive there and back. That is 4 hours of driving. Then taking turns to go in is another 4 hours. So, it's a full day that we need to find time for. If i had a temple within a 30 minutes drive or less, i could tell shane when he got home from work "i am going to the temple, see you in 2 1/2 hours!" That would be so nice. Do you guys who live close to temples realize how lucky you are! And i know 2 hours isn't bad compared to some people who live hours and hours away in some places, but 2 hours away is a long time when you have a somewhat busy schedule and three kids.

Get this...I sprained my ANKLE! UGH! I decided to start doing the INSANITY workout. It kicks butt! So, on my third workout i sprained my ankle. I guess it was my fault though. I workout in front of the tv and a few feet behind me is the coffee table. I was doing some jumps and i must have jumped back pretty far, not realizing it, and the inside of the foot caught on the leg of the table and my ankle rolled out and i heard a loud POP. Oh it was painful. I was yellling and groaning for help and i am glad shane hadn't left yet for work. I was thinking to myself that this pain better not last for too long b/c i won't be able to take it. Shane elevated my foot instantly, put ice on it and gave me medicine. Smart guy. :) About an hour later it really wasn't hurting anymore and i tried putting a little weight on it and it didn't hurt. I thought that was so weird. The swelling started about 2 hours later and it was like a bubble of water. I went in later that day and the doctor said i sprained my ankle. She said there were no broken bones. I didn't know exactly what it meant when i heard the word sprain. So i asked my dad "what was that loud pop then?!" I guess when you sprain your ankle you are pulling the ligaments further than they should go and i must have torn some ligaments. So, i got a brace and have been limping around. I hate it. I hate limping. I hate not being able to move quickly. AND i can't stand not being able to workout. Working out makes me feel good. When i can't do that it is hard. So, i can't say there are too many things i have learned from this. I have learned that i LOVE being mobile. My boys were very sweet to me and tender. It is sweet. And my husband was there to help out when he could, but he has been quite busy. :(

Speaking of, i am already looking forward to this year of residency being over. :) Shane's work is picking up and life is getting more busy than i want it to be. He has been working on Saturday's the past two weekends, whether he is on-call or having to do stuff that needs to be finished before monday. So, i get him on Sunday. Week nights are busy for both of us. It's crazy. I only have three kids. I can't imagine having more! Life needs to sloooooow down. please. And my ankle needs to be better. Please. :)
Uuuuhhhhhhhh..... :) (at least i am still smiling!)

Speaking of "lucky".... I should say a few things i am lucky for...i feel lucky that the weather here is so great. :) We are in the low 80's mostly and it feels awesome. Lots of sun too. I know i am going to feel real lucky when winter rolls around and i don't have to experience the cleveland winter anymore. :) And i also feel lucky that i am surrounded by kind and happy people. :)

3 comments:

The JL McGregor Family said...

Ashlee--Is your temple the Dallas temple? If so, we would be happy to watch your kids so you can go--and you and Shane can go at the same time!! We definitely know what it is like! Even with the temple 30 min away now, it is hard to find time and babysitters. Joe can go by himself before or after work, but it seems harder for me to get away. We keep saying to each other that we have GOT to pick it up! --Now we have no excuse! I'm serious, though about watching your kids... let me know!

Dave and Loralee said...

I'm so sorry about your ankle!!! you remind me a lot of my sister and her workouts, and when she had shoulder surgery it was like another woman emerged b/c she couldn't work out :) I hope it heals quickly! don't over-do it ;)
and we live less than a mile from the temple and it STILL seems hard to get there. I think a lot of it had to do with the habits we didn't establish before when we were so far away. but we're working on it! and I'm in the YW pres too-it's awesome to learn so much from these girls!
it's been good to read up on how you've been-I miss you!

H.Cook said...

yeouch, get better soon!!!