Monday, October 4, 2010

{General Conference}

Here is my post about General Conference. I do this after each one. It's tradition now, i think. :)

I LOVE General Conference. I can't wait for it to come and i make sure i am right there listening to every speaker. I enjoy each and every message that is given. But there are always the one's that STICK with me and touch me a certain way. Those talks are...

1. Elder Richard Edgley. The 1st counselor of the presiding Bishopric. He talked about FAITH. It was good.
2.Elder Eyring. He talked about putting our Trust in the Lord.
3.Our wonderful Prophet. He talked about Pausing and contemplating our blessings. Being GRATEFUL and having an attitude of GRATITUDE. I know that a happy heart is a grateful heart.
4. Elder Uchtdorf. I LOVE each and every talk of his. He draws me in. He talked about SLOWING DOWN. Stop filling our schedules so full. So many people think that their self-worth depends on how full their schedule is, which is unfortunate. He quoted, "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication". He said "slow down a little. Truly see the things that matter most. Evaluate our lives. Evaluate our relationship with God, family, men, and ourselves. Most of all, he said, "With your family, LOVE is taking time for each other. Talking WITH each other RATHER than ABOUT each other." I really enjoyed his talk. I had a talk with my cousins about this. How women these days feel the need to be sooo busy. It's like a competition to see who can be busier. WHY? I don't know. It's like, if they aren't constantly busy and every hour in their day isn't filled with something to do then they are lost and don't know who they are. It's crazy to me. For awhile i remember looking at mom's who were staying busy all the time b/c they WANTED to. I thought something was wrong with me for not doing the same thing. I don't feel that way anymore. I love the times i can just sit and do nothing. I love the time i actually get with my husband. I love the times that i can be lazy with my kids and we can just hang out and talk and play around. And quite honestly, i am not a person that could ever like being busy. It goes against my nature to be busy. :) When life is busy it makes me stressed and i can't handle it. I don't like any part of the word busy or chaos. So, its easy for me to not fill my schedule.

A message that i noticed that seem to come across the most during this General Conference was FAITH and putting our trust in the Lord. I like any talk about FAITH. I feel so strongly and deeply and passionately about having FAITH. I have seen how having faith in my life has been a tremendous blessing in countless ways. One of the Elder's said that when we put our faith in him and trust him he will come to trust and have faith in us. Especially when we learn to act on spiritual promptings.

No comments: