Monday, November 12, 2007

4 InCrEdiBLe YeArS oN ThUrSdaY!!

Shane and i will be married for four years on Thursday. Wow! I can't believe it! We have done and accomplished so much together in those four years. Let me take you on a little journey from the beginning...

July 2003- Shane and i met for the first time.
August 2003- Shane and I went on our first date.
September 2003- We got engaged!
October 2003- We drove to SLC to meet my mom, sister, and brother Stephen there. Shane met them for the first time. I picked out my wedding dress.
Nov. 14, 2003- Day before wedding. Shane met my dad for the first time. I took out my endowments.
Nov. 15, 2003- Got married in the SLC temple!
The night of Nov. 15, 2003- I got food poisoning from Subway on our wedding night! And I couldn't eat there again for at least a year.
November 16, 2003- Our apartment flooded because of our washer.
November 17, 2003- Car broke down.
Thanksgiving of 2003- Flew home for Thanksgiving. Shane met all my cousins for the first time!
Christmas of 2003- Drove home to Minnesota from Idaho and we got caught in the most trecherous(spelling?) weather i have ever been in!
January of 2004- Went on a cruise to the caribbean.
April of 2004- Surprise! Found out we were pregnant!
June of 2004-Went on vacation to California with Shane's family.
August 2004- Took a trip up to South Dakota with my family to do some camping, and see Mount Rushmore, etc.
October 2004- Became managers of an 80 room apartment complex.
December 25, 2004- Gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.
August 2005- I graduated with my Bachelor's in English!
October 2005 - Went on vacation to Florida with my parents.
October 2005- Shane flew to Ohio for a dental interview.
November/December 2005- Shane flew to Florida for a dental interview.
December 2005 - Found out that we were accepted into Case Western Dental School
February 2006- Found out we were pregnant again!!
May 2006- Shane graduated with a bachelor's in Chemistry or biology. I can't remember! :)
May 2006- Sold all of our belongings and drove to Minnesota to live with my parents for 6 weeks, while we picked out a house to buy in Ohio. And we were all done managing! That was a relief!
June 2006-Moved to Ohio.
July 2006- Found out we were having another boy. Also found out that he had a birth defect, gastroschisis.
August 2006- Shane started Dental School.
September 2006- Gave birth to another beautiful baby boy. Found out he not only had gastroschisis, but that he had hypospadius, and an anti-trypsin deficiency.
October 2006- Practically lived at the hospital because Tanner was in the NICU for a month.
November 2006- Spent Thanksgiving in Minnesota with my family.
Christmas 2006- Flew to Idaho for Christmas.
July 2007- Flew to Idaho for vacation.
August 2007- Took a trip to Niagara Falls.
Thanksgiving 2007- Our friends from Idaho are coming to our house for Thanksgiving and my sister will be with us too.
Christmas 2007- Driving to Minnesota to be with my family.

I can't believe that two people can accomplish so much in 4 years! If i get anymore detailed on our journey i will go on forever. It is amazing to me. This has been the most exciting, busiest, fun-filled, adventurous, difficult, challenging, non-stop, joyous 4 years of our lives. Life has been hard, but so much fun. We have truly been blessed and have seen the Lord's hand in our lives through every uncertainty and every challenging moment, and even in the joyous occasions. The most important thing is that we have made it through every difficulty and joyous moment together, and have grown closer and love each other more because of it.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't it amazing how much life changes in such a short amount of time!!! You guys have accomplished a lot. Those boys are proof of that! You guys are a truly happy family. That is the biggest accomplishment of all time!

I didn't know that Tanner had birth defects. Does it affect him daily? What are the birth defects? How are they treated? He looks so happy and healthy to me! Good job mom and Dad!

Amanda said...

Ok, another post from me! I love your blog! you are always doing something new and fun! You probably think I am copying you on all these new things!!! Take that as a compliment! you are doing a great job and I love it!!! I hope you don't mind me using your ideas!!!!

Amanda said...

Sorry, me again. Sorry I have posted a million times. I just can't resist! Your boys are so precious. You can see in their eyes how happy and loved they are. I love that!

Lauri said...

Ashy, I loved reading that... exciting and crazy four years, huh! Happy Anniversary on Thursday! I still think it's great that your anniversary is Jocelyn's birthday too! Makes it an extra special day! :) Love you guys!

The Jenks Fam said...

Wow--you seriously amaze me. I can't even remember what happened last night! I guess I am getting OLD! :)ace

Grams said...

Ashlee, you made me cry again. As I read your life in a nutshell, it surprised me. All those things were familiar but when its laid out like that it really has been an amazing 4 years. We are so lucky that you are a part of our family. Love You!