Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Catchin up...

Here i am 4 months pregnant. I feel like i look a lot bigger. When i see the picture i realize i don't look as big as i feel. Isn't that the way it always is though?! :) But most of the time i stand with bad posture, which makes my stomach stick out further and makes me look bigger. So, i need to work on my posture a bit. :) We find out next Thursday the gender of our baby. We are so excited. I cannot wait. As soon as we find out i will move my studio downstairs and start making plans for the baby room, which is just across from our room. I am glad about that b/c with Tanner, his room was upstairs so i always had to go up and down but now i don't! :) I know, i am lazy i guess. I am feeling pretty good. My morning and evening sickness have calmed down for the most part, but i am starting to feel more tired now. I am still able to workout, which definitely makes the rest of the day a good one for me. It makes me feel good. While Shane took this picture the boys really wanted a picture taken of them. So , i snapped a quick one and here is the result....Aren't they so cute? I always get a good picture when i don't try to get a good picture. :) I must brag on my boys. They are the cutest little things alive. I love them so much.And here is the Christmas card i put together. For it being my first, i am proud of myself. :) I actually just took a layout from another card and just changed the papers and colors. It was fun and easy. :) We really enjoyed Christmas this year. We were in Idaho with Shane's family and it was so much fun. It was definitely crazy because there are so many of us now. The next time we see them there will be two more bodies added to the family! Anyway, we enjoyed FOOD, games, talking, basketball(well, not me, but the rest of them did). We had tons of fun. We are going out to Idaho again in May. We bought the tickets BEFORE we knew that i was pregnant. When we go out i will be 8 months along. Yup. I don't know if i will be able to go though. I might let the boys and Shane go by themselves. It depends on how i feel. I definitely won't come if you guys truly plan on taking family pictures! :) No way! :) hehe. I will take the picture , but refuse to be IN it! :)

The boys had a good Christmas. Instead of naming everything they got i thought i would just mention their favorite. Gavin got the Nintendo DS lite...he LOVES it. He could sit and play that thing for HOURS. But we only let him play for about 30-45 minutes a day. Tanner, well, honestly i don't think he has a favorite. He plays with all of it and doesn't show much more interest in one toy over another. Well, i take that back. He loves his cars. By that i mean, CARS. We got him a lightning McQueen car, just a little one like matchbox size cars. He loves it. He loves playing with any kind of car or trucks or Transformers.

I took quite a few pictures for people before Christmas break that i still need to put up on my photography blog. I will post those soon. Oh the kids are so cute!!! I was also called to another calling....ward photographer. Exciting huh?! That means i go to all the activities and make sure i capture all the action! Then i have a whole bulletin board in the hallway of the church that i can use to post all the pictures on. I am excited about it. Somehow i am gonna have to KNOW when all these activities are. It seems like activities come and go and i never heard there was one in the first place. :)

Oh, and i am getting excited too. Gavin is starting to show signs that he is ready to stop using a pull-up in the night and ready to get up and go potty. He wakes up with an almost dry diaper. Makes sure to go potty before bed time and gets excited when he thinks he has a dry diaper in the morning. Soon he will be wearing underwear to bed. I am also excited b/c i am getting ready to potty train Tanner. He is ready. He can tell me he needs to go poo poo, he tries taking his diaper off, he doesn't like having a poopy diaper. So, he will be potty trained before the baby comes. That is exciting for me b/c that means all i have to change are little baby diapers. YES!

7 comments:

MetroParks said...

I have 3/4 of a bag of boys pull ups that were outgrown a long time ago. Could you use them?

Carrie said...

You don't look big at all, you look awesome! We went to Idaho last Christmas when I was 8 mths pregnant and I too refused family pictures. It wasn't a bad trip though, I was glad I did it. Cute pictures!

Lauri said...

There you are! :) Glad you are back to blogging! I LOVED your Christmas card! Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas in Idaho! We need to catch up soon.
Your little bump is so cute! Can't wait to hear on Thursday! You better give me a call! :) Miss you guys.

Grams said...

I love Carrie for saying that the trip when 8 months along wasn't bad and that she was glad she did it. THANK YOU CARRIE!!! Hope that gives you courage Ashlee. Just tell Shane that on the trip out he has to pretend he is an only father and that he just has to take care of everything himself. After you get here, you won't have to do a thing. Just put your feet up and we will wait on you constantly. Love Gram

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Such a cute little belly!!

Lauren said...

You look so cute and tiny! We went home for Christmas when I was basically 9 months along with Drew. We got home and I had him 7 days later. traveling was fine, the only problem was that I wasn't ready for the baby yet. I think I had just finished cleaning up from the trip and hadn't packed my hospital bag or anything yet. So, If you do go, make sure you are totally ready for the baby to come when you get back!

Lauren said...

p.s. how come no one gave us the memo about having a baby in June? :)