Tuesday, February 24, 2009

{Mrs. Clean, Mrs. Clean}

Now, it seems to me that the nesting mode pregnant women get in is usually right before they have a baby, right? Anyone ever experience this in their second trimester? All last week i felt this need and urgency to keep my house clean--- I mean, i had to wash the dishes as soon as we were done eating EVERY meal, if there was a dish in the sink i HAD to make sure it got put away immediately, i wouldn't stand for any toys laying on the ground, i made sure the bathroom stayed picked up, i made sure the toy room stayed clean(how is that possible? How did i do that?). Mabye some of you already do this...well, good for you! Because i don't usually do this. We usually eat and then i will leave the dishes in the sink and save them for later or the next morning. Usually i make sure the boys clean up their toy room like twice a week, but this time I made sure to keep it picked up everyday. If anything was out of place i fixed it right away. It was like my eyes were searching for anything i needed to pick up, constantly. I was the boys shadows when they were playing, making sure nothing was on the floor for longer than 5 minutes. Crazy. I was a crazy woman. Anyway, so my house stayed perfectly clean every hour of every day for the entire week. Amazing. I didn't know i could do that. It felt really good though. I loved it. :) I find that this week i don't have as much of a drive to accomplish that again, BUT i am still keeping it picked up enough so that it doesn't get out of hand. :) But seriously, i never once let it get dirty! I still can't believe i did that. I even lit candles everyday to make my home smell yummy along with the yummy aesthetically pleasing look. :) hehe. I wish i had the drive to do that every day.

1 comment:

The Hiller Family said...

I was that way yesterday... I was cleaning ALL DAY LONG!! I told Josh at the end of the day that the day seemed SOO long and I had gotten so much, but still wanted to do more!! It's nuts!
I would love an explanation too!