Monday, February 2, 2009

{A Grateful Heart}

Can i say how grateful i am for my life, for my family, for my wonderful husband, my wonderful kids, our home, the church, for everything i have. Everything. I am ALWAYS reminded of how grateful i am; to be alive and to have the things i have and to have the family i have. In all of it, it is always my familily that i am reminded of how grateful i am for them. I am always reminded to live everyday to the fullest. To cherish every moment with my kids and my husband. I am always reminded more and more of how IMPORTANT my boys and husband are to me. Things happen in life, in everyday life, that remind me of those things constantly. I am grateful to be reminded of those things because my kids and husband are what is most important to me. A family friend recently passed away. Shane grew up with this family in Blackfoot. We got a call one day saying that the dad of Shane's lifelong buddy has at the most 2 weeks to live. The sad part of it is that his friend just found out the day before we did of this tragic news. His dad was feeling pretty bad ONE day, went into the hospital and he found out while there that he has leukemia. He had no idea before this day. And since he had sugar diabetes they told him that the combination of both of those is deadly and that he has at the most, 2 weeks to live. He died just a few days after receiving that news. It made me so sad for the family. My heart broke for them. I just can't imagine if that were me. I can't imagine being the daughter of this man, the wife of this man, or actually being him. It reminded me that life can end sooooo suddenly. You just never know when it is your time. It made me realize that i am so lucky and i need to be showing that all the time. If it were my time i would want to make sure my kids KNOW how much mommy loves them....make sure i spent plenty of quality time with them, make sure my husband knows how grateful i am for him, for his strength, his humor, his extremely fun and spontaneous personality. I wouldn't ever want them to question how i feel. I wouldn't want any regrets. And b/c of that i want to try so hard to be what my family needs. It can be hard sometimes b/c i get caught up in everyday life, but i get reminded so often of my blessings that it is hard to forget for too long. I am so so so grateful for my husband and kids. I have no idea what i would do without them.... I wouldn't do without them. They are my life. I just want them to know that. I want them to know that family is sooooo important to me and that they are my number one priority. I am so grateful that i am able to be a stay-at-home mom. So many times i grumbled about it, but i have worked through it and have come to be so grateful for it(though it still is an incredibly hard job). I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 comment:

Mandi Kay said...

I love you Ashlee, and am glad I read this today... ;)