Saturday, February 21, 2009

{Up and Running}

Okay, i have my new heart healthy blog up and running. I have the link over on the right under my little business link. Please, feel free to share anything that could be helpful. I will post recipes, new findings, facts, statistics, and the benefits of foods and what foods you should stay away from. I will fill it with as much information as i can!!! Yay to a healthy heart! :) I know, some of you probably don't care, but it is a good time to start! AND why not take care of your body?!?! It is still the beginning of the year. You can make it a habit. You will be doing yourself and your kids a huge favor by trying to eat healthy.
And for you SWEETS lovers... i have heard that you should allow yourself ONE thing to indulge in in a week. That means, maybe ice cream, once a week. A piece of cake, once a week. I had to remind my husband....It doesn't mean i can make a whole cake and you can eat half of it during the weekend. I don't think they intended one indulgent to be that much. :) One thing we do do....we are big night time snackers. We like to snack while we watch a movie or television. Instead of snacking on bad things we have started to buy SWEET fruits as our snacks. We love to pound down the strawberries, pineapples, and oranges. They truly are sweet fruits and it tastes so dang good. We also bought sherbert rather than ice cream. Sherbert has like 2 grams of fat and 0 .5 grams saturated fat for 1/2 a cup. Not bad. I even saw some with 0 fat and 0 saturated. These are good substitutes for the sweet stuff. Anyway, check out my blog. I will try to post something new everyday! :) www.tryingtobehearthealthy.blogspot.com

No comments: