Monday, February 16, 2009

{V-DaY FuN}

Our valentines day consisted of some yummy foods. I wanted to stick with the RED theme so i chose to make my favorite boys....
One of their favorite meals...lasagna....with some garlic bread.
I made a yummy strawberry and spinach salad.And i made some RED velvet cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting. I thought they were very delicious.
I was sent on a....

That morning Shane sent me on a scavenger hunt through the house. I have to say, he is very creative with his words. I couldn't do what he did. I keep thinking "man, i am the english major, but he should have been b/c he is so much better at writing than i am." But at the same time he knows the sciences all too well. He is just a smarty pants. Anyway, the scavenger hunt ended with a wonderful surprise for me at the end. I love it.
I made all the food for the boys for my gift, plus i had a gift for all three of them. Boys/men love food so i can never go wrong by fixing them something special to eat. Gavin and Tanner had a little chinese box full of surprises and i made a little gift box for Shane with a few surprises in it. It was fun. I wish i could do something like this everyday. I do realize that i would like to do something like this for them at least once a month... Surprise them with something. It is so fun to do it and to see their reactions...and it makes me feel good.
Saturday was a fun fun day for us.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun day!!!! Sounds yummy! I haven't made lasagna in a long time! I should make it!

Lauri said...

Thanks for making me hungry! hehe. That is so cute that Shane had a scavenger hunt for you! It definitely sounds like you guys had a wonderful day! :)

Lauren said...

Sounds like a fun day. what was your surprise? So I did get my 5 people, but one was my husband and one was my sister. does that even count? :) Haley Hammons did it and had her 5 people in like an hour. I'm feeling a little sheepish :) Oh well.