Friday, February 27, 2009

{The New Trend???}

(If you don't want to read this whole post, will you at least skip down to the last paragraph, i have a question for all of you)
The "new trend" for baby boy names is a bit disturbing to me. They are all a bit weird or way over the top. It is like, people start getting creative with names and then before you know it they start getting a little weird. For example:

Cortez- I think of the sea of cortez.
Krueger- I think of Freddie Krueger. I also knew someone with this last name.
Bauer- I think of Jack Bauer from 24. This is a last name.
Bolton- I think of Michael Bolton, the singer. Another last name. Or i think of Bolt, the dog.
Bond- I think of money or James Bond. Yet again, another last name, but that of a male gigolo.
Cash- Money....???? Like, why would i name my kid Cash?. I also think of Johnny Cash. Another last name.
Trapper- Is this a fish? It sounds like one. Also, haven't you ever used the phrase "keep your trap/trapper shut." hhmmmm.
Stone - I think of stone cold. Cold stone creamery. A rock.
Shade- Oookay. Let's stand in the shade. He is a shadie person.
Rainier- Mount Rainier.
Rocket- I don't even have to say anything for this one. Come on.
Latham - Another last name.
Larson - Another last name.
Koah - What is this? Don't they mean, Noah?
Finn- Oh my gosh. Finn? Like, a fin on a fish fin?
Gatlin- ????
Brick- a brick wall.
Beckham- another last name. Now, this one isn't so bad. I prefer this one out of any of these names.
Berenger- Huh?

Now, if any of you like these names, i am sorry. But seriously,
This is what i have to work with? Fortunately the "new trend" isn't all i have to work with. We were going through names last night to see what we like and there were a lot of horrible names. I was just thinking how are we ever going to pick out a name? Boy names have been pretty easy for us, except for this time around. We have a few names....let me rephrase...i have a few names i like, but who knows if Shane will warm up to them. They are good strong names. Not the made up kind or the kind that could be mistaken for a girl name. I want a good strong boy name...Like Gavin and Tanner's name. And i want one that isn't one you would hear twice in a room. We won't be telling family the name until the baby is born. I have decided. So, you will just have to wait. :) It has to be a surprise.

So, i am almost 6 months along. Time is going by fast. March will go by fast b/c we are going to have family here for half of the month. That is exciting. :) Our baby weighs just over a pound and is over 11 inches long at this point. He kicks me so much and moves more than i think he should be moving. :) He is just restless. Anyway, i am getting a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions lately...maybe i do too much? This pregnancy i feel more active than my other one's and sometimes i forget i am pregnant(though there have been a few times already where i feel BIG). For example, if i need something out of the top part of my kitchen cupboard i usually jump up onto the countertop to get it. I tried that, forgetting that i was pregnant, and didn't make it. :) OOPS. Whenever i go out during the day, by the time we get back Tanner is asleep in his carseat, so i have to carry him into the house and up the stairs to his room. That is almost becoming impossible for my legs. 3/4 of the way up the stairs my muscles in my legs are burning, and when i reach the top i am so out of breath. haha. If i am doing that still by the end of my pregnancy i have no doubt that that is what will put me in labor. :) Pregnancy pains come and go. Some days my back aches all day and other days i am just fine. Lately i have also been feeling stretching pains really bad in my lower abdomen. It feels like stabbing pains. I don't remember this feeling with the other two boys, so it worried me at first, but now i realize it is just pain from my stomach growing b/c i believe the baby had a sudden growth spurt overnight, just a few days ago. Seriously....my stomach felt and looked bigger. One day it just felt like my stomach was being stretched to its capacity and it was so uncomfortable.

I need to get started on the Nursery. Does anyone know of any websites where i can go to find DIY projects for a baby nursery room? I want to make the decor myself to save some money. I already have a few ideas, but i want to find more ideas. Also, for anyone that is moving, do you have a dresser/changing table combo that you want to sell? If so, could you send a pic to me? Thanks!! :)

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Bummer. No hints on the name until birth, huh?!?!? What is that about? :) Haha.
I hear you on the weird names! I love your boys names so far...so no pressure for the third, right? :) I wish I could help. I have been thinking, but boys names are hard to come up with!!!!!

This Mom said...

I am a lurker on your blog... I founf you Hatsuho a LOOONG time ago. I don't know if you are having name trouble still but we have a Gavin and our Other boys are Jared and Hayden. Jared is always the only one in his class. Hayden is too but there are usually a Kaden or a Jaden or a Aiden.

When we were expecting boys I felt the same as you wanted a BOY name so here a a few we didn't use maybe they will help.

Zane Caleb Nathan Noah Jonah
Hope that helps

Bridi said...

Ha,ha I had a boyfriend in highschool named Trapper and if you think that's good I also had one named Hunter! I got a lot of trash for those two. You can tell I was from redneckville, USA can't you? I agreeI keep hearing the ugliest boy names. I have a babyname book if you would like to borrow it. Also I am convinced that the third baby makes you feel like your body is falling apart. It's all normal in a weird way. Sorry!

Amanda said...

Those names are interesting. It annoys me when people try and be creative and it turns out bad. Poor kids!

I have those stretching pains all the time. I had them really bad with Hannah and I have them again. Afterall...everything is stretching so much!!! YIKES!