Wednesday, August 25, 2010

{30}

HAPPY 30th Birthday Honey BUNS! I can't believe my husband is 30!! Life really has creeped upon us REALLY fast! I CAN'T believe how fast our life has gone by so far. I am fixing is second favorite meal for dinner(couldn't make his favorite b/c it costs too much) and making him one of his favorite cakes...and bought him his favorite ice cream! FOOD is a gift around here. We LoVe a good home cooked meal.... aaaand a yummy sweet treat to go with it. Not to sound like i am bragging, BUT i think these boys in this house are lucky and spoiled. I try to fix great homecooked meals every night. And i would say i do a pretty good job! :) hehehe.... i LOVE to cook. I NEVER thought i would say that! BUT at the same time, i don't ALWAYS enjoy cooking. I get sick of it once in awhile. Oh how I do love cooking a new recipe or a meal that has great smells to it from all the spices and herbs. There is nothing better. I like to make my meals PERFECTION. And when i know food is such a huge deal to men...well, i know i am doing at least ONE thing in this house right. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, right!? We only eat out about twice a month. I always have dinner on the table for them each night. These boys are spoiled. I don't like baking much. Don't know why, i just don't. Maybe it's b/c i feel like i can't experiment with baking like i can with cooking. Good thing i don't like baking much b/c otherwise we would all bloat up! Anyway, i am getting off the topic here!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANE! WE LOVE YOU! AND YOU DON'T LOOK 30!
Here are 30 things about Shane that maybe most people don't know....
1. He loves to harrass and tease. YOu can't take him seriously. If you've ever thought "is he serious?" Chances are... NO he wasn't serious. :)
2. He has lost some weight...He is weighing in at 192 lbs.!
3. He loves basketball....i bet nobody knew that one. :)
4. He is an AWESOME basketball player.
5. He teaches Institute every Tuesday night and the students get college credit for it. He really loves teaching it. I know b/c he comes home every night telling me how much he enjoyed the people and teaching.
6. He has A LOT of faith. He is a rock. He has been my rock.
7. He doesn't mind going shopping with me. Whether its grocery shopping or clothes shopping for any of us, he doesn't mind coming along. I know, i am lucky! :)
8. He does the laundry, makes our bed, and cleans our room. I mean, i do it sometimes depending on how busy he is, but that is usually his job. I love it b/c those are the responsibilities i hate the most.
9. He is a big time home body. He loves being home with his family.
10. He has a good singing voice.
11. He has the best , most well-intentioned heart out of anyone i know.
12. He would do ANYTHING for me. :)
13. He has a huge scar on his foot where he had about ten stitches(i think).
14. He can't change a poopy diaper without gagging.(He has gotten a little better than before)
15. He is a BUSY body. He is always GO GO GO.
16. He is a pretty terrible sleeper. He tosses and turns a lot and wakes up way too early.
17. He grinds his teeth in the night.
18. He is a very orderly and organized person.
19. He loves to make us laugh....yeah, he can do some pretty silly, funny, and weird things. Stuff most of you will never and have never seen. :) hahaha!
20. He checks our bank accounts at least twice a day.
21. He doesn't put up with crap.
22. He loves traveling.
23. The two things he would have done if he weren't a dentist....a travel agent or a veterinarian.
24. He is very good at wheeling and dealing. And good about budgeting finances.
25. He DOES NOT procrastinate. He gets things done quick.
26. He stayed an extra few months on his mission, past the two year mark, because he loved it so much, and after that extension was up he asked if he could stay longer, but they denied him another extension and told him it was time for him to go home. He was an amazing missionary.
27. He is an amazing speaker. I love when he speaks with the spirit and with his heart. He is definitely one of the best speakers i know. He just draws you in.
28. He DOES NOT like being the center of attention.
29. He loves me more than i have ever seen anyone love someone.
30. HE LOVES shoes.
i will post some pics of his b-day in a few days.

No comments: