Thursday, August 12, 2010

{Kindergarten, Friend, and Pictures}

So, Gavin came up to me yesterday and was holding the FRIEND magazine in his hands, open to a certain page. He pointed to the page and said, "Mom, will you make this with me?" It was a recipe for chocolate chip banana bread. I looked at the ingredients and sure enough we have everything we needed to make it. I let the boys make the bread, which is good for me b/c usually i am really OCD about people trying to help me cook in my kitchen....BELIEVE IT OR NOT. :) haha! And i am really not an OCD person...so i don't know why i am with that! ): Anyway, they made it and when it was done they ate it down! It was really yummy bread. I just started getting the FRIEND and Gavin really likes it. He turns to every page and wants me to read the entire magazine for him. I am glad we get it now.

NEXT....I took Gavin's kindergarten pictures. He starts kindergarten in about a week and a half. He is so darn excited! We already got him his school supplies, his new backpack and a lunch pack. I must admit, i am excited for him to start too. He needs it. He is bored at home. So, i decided to take his kindergarten pictures and i also took some of Tanner. I am going to do homeschool preschool for Tanner this year. I plan to do it with him everyday. There are lots of website that provide great information on what i can do with him in preschool. So, here are there pictures. Now i just have to send them out to family.


I really wish i could have done these b&w pics in color, BUT it was SOOOO HOT and Gavin's cheeks were flaming red by this point. It is miserable taking outdoor pics during this time of year. I really need to wait until the weather starts cooling off. We got home and shane was like "is your shirt all wet?" Sure enough, it was. I had no idea, but i was sweating like crazy. It was hard to get these pictures b/c the boys didn't like the heat much either. I am glad i started picking up my camera again. I had been in quite a slump for awhile, but with a little help from looking at some CUTE pics that my friend took i think i am now back on the bandwagon. :) We will see. :)










































4 comments:

Lauren said...

Great job Ash! I'm glad you decided to pick up the camera again. Sure didn't take you long to get back into the swing of things. your boys are as handsome as ever

Lauri said...

I love all those pics of the boys and CAN'T WAIT to see them soon! My favorite is the very last pic of Gavin...love it! :) When we come visit, will you take pics of Jocely?!?! We have to get some of her with the boys too. Definitely.
So good to catch up today. Really can't wait to see you guys!

Thompson's said...

The pictures are way cute! Love them! Do you have the websites for Tanners preschool? I would love to do something for McKoy too.

Thompson's said...

Thanks for the websites. That will help out. The bread looks yummy too. We will have to try it.