Saturday, August 7, 2010

{Our Saturday}

Our day today was lots of fun for the boys. We went out to Call Field and watched some WWII planes do some demonstrations. They came flying back there target and through a bag of flour out of the plane and tried to hit the target. You can see where the bag of flour landed on #1 and the target was #2. The target was a bunch of white tires forming a circle. The boys had lots of fun watching that.
While we were there i realized...OH my grandpa Seifert flew in WWII!! I couldn't remember exactly what he did so i HAD to call my dad to get the scoop on him. I never knew this before, probably b/c i wasn't interested in knowing, but i loved hearing my grandpa's story from my dad. My Grandpa Seifert flew 24 missions over Europe in WWII. He was a navigator and a bombardier. He did night flying combat in high altitude bomber planes....the B-24. He was lead bombardier/navigator for the Royal Air Force of England . I guess England didn't have the technology we had so they needed our help. So, my grandpa led them. He earned a Distinguished Flying Cross and three air medals. Pretty neat huh?



Before we headed to the pool we went and bought tanner some new clothes. He was in pretty desperate need! :) Then we realize it is just too hot to NOT go to the pool. So we headed to the pool and stayed for 2 hours. The boys LOVE it there. They have lots of kiddie slides to go on and it's about knee high water. They love it. Unfortunately it closes the end of August when school starts. Who does that?! It's still HOT here at that time. So, i will have to take tanner and jaydon up to the base to swim when that happens.























Overall, it has been a fun day for us. Now we are sitting and relaxing.

No comments: