Sunday, August 22, 2010

{Two Stories}

First...I had just vacuumed the boys room. I was taking off their sheets to wash them and as i was walking out i thought i saw something out of the corner of my eye on the floor. I get out of the room and decide to turn around look and see what it was. It saw the HUGEST spider i have EVER seen in my ENTIRE life! HUMONGOUS! I went running and yelling and FR.EAK.ING. out! I was trying to tell Shane what was happening and actually surprised myself with my own reaction. I started hyperventilating as i was telling him. I started getting light headed and thought i was going to pass out. I was TERRIFIED and have never been more TERRIFIED in my life! Shane goes in to look and as he gets closer to look at the spider(he is standing on the bed b/c he didnt want to walk on the carpet since the spider was there)....He said, "It's one of the boys fake bugs." I said, "Are you serious?" I said, "Go over and pick him up if it's fake." Shane wouldn't. I think he was freaked out by the fact that it was still a possibility that it is real. Gavin went over and picked it up. It was fake. Right then i knew that i have arachnaphobia.

Second. I was just called as the Acitivity Day Advisor here in this ward. I was excited about it. I went to one of the activity's with the girls, which was a swimming party. Got to know them a little and had fun. I started planning on what i wanted to give them, how i wanted things to go...just making plans. THEN, i get called into the Bishop's office today and he decided that there is a better calling for me that he felt i should be doing. He asked me to be the 2nd Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. Now, i guess shane had talked to the Bishop about this a few days ago, and he told shane what he was planning on doing and asking shane if it was alright. I am nervous. There are a lot of Young Women. I remember what it was like being a teenager. Nervous. :) So, i just hope i can do a good job. I am excited about it though. What's funny is that before we got here i was thinking "Oh, this year in Texas will be easy with church callings. Nobody is going to call me to a big position b/c we will only be there for one year!" Well, again, i was proved wrong, like i always am. I need to keep my mouth shut. Last time i said something i was called to the Primary Presidency. I said, "i think the last calling i would want is to be in the primary." One week later i was called into the primary presidency. hahaha! I really enjoyed it though.

A trend has started. the 2nd couselor trend. So far, 2nd counselor in primary and 2nd counselor in young womens...maybe the next place we move to i will be called as 2nd counselor in Relief Society! haha!

MOM, do you remember when you gave me a few books that help you plan out lessons for primary and gave me a bunch of papers to go along with it? And shortly after you gave me that stuff i was called into the primary? Then, not too long ago, you gave me a bunch of old papers you had for Young Women...useful papers for teaching....that you had kept but wanted to get rid of and you gave them to me? Well, remember when you gave them to me i said, "wouldn't that be funny if i got called into young women's...sort of like after you gave me those papers for primary i was called into primary?" Well, it happened AGAIN. Stop giving me papers! hahaha...i am totally kidding. Well, you are my little angel sent from up above to prepare me for what's coming...you just didn't realize it. :) you sweety little tooty pie.

1 comment:

Blake Jones said...

You'll be awesome in Young Women's! I loved it there. This is actually the first ward I have been in(that wasn't my parents) that I haven't been in Young Women's, since graduating from High School! I kind of miss it. I am not used to relief society yet.