Tuesday, August 31, 2010

{Making my home a HOME}

I have to show you all what i am working on. I am REALLY trying to make my home a HOME. Trying to do it cheap! So, take a look at what i am working on AND how much i paid for it all!! EEEEE...i am so excited. :) I am so excited b/c i have never done stuff like this and now that i am, i am LOVING it! SERIOUSLY, loving it. My uncle owns a consignment furniture store. He and my cousins are extremely good at designing. I wish i lived near them. He has awesome stuff that kind of reminds me of inspiredroom.com and a few other design blogs i like. Anyway, i will see them this weekend and all i can say is i am going to have waaaaayyyyy too much fun in his shop! :) i cannot wait! i will show you what i get when we get back! :)

Warning! Pics are not that great! sorry!

First up....this framed mirror i bought for $5.00 at a garage sale! It's a good size and heavy duty. $5.00!! I already had the black paint for this. I bought some sandpaper, which is like $2.00. Cheap. So, total for this i spent $7.00

BEFORE: AFTER: I distressed the mirror, but still have to add some finishing touches to the parts i distressed. I have plans for this mirror, which i will show you after i get it all set up where i want it.



NEXT UP: I have plans for these cute four pieces of scrap paper. I will show you when i am done!! :)


THIRD: I have plans for this weird hanging wall thing. I got this at a garage sale about 4 years ago b/c i liked something about it. After i got it home i didn't like it much. Never used it really. Soooooo, i am going to paint this(something other than black) and turn it into a chalkboard for my kitchen!! I will show you that when i am done!

I bought this frame for $5.00. BEFORE:

AFTER:

I have big plans for this thing! I will show you after i do it! :) This frame is LARGE...if you can't tell! Oh i cant wait!



I bought this for .25 cents at a garage sale. It was old ugly gold color. So cute now. I will show you where i put this when i get everything set up! :)





















1 comment:

Lauren said...

looks like you are having fun decorating and finding some good deals! can't wait to see what you do with the large frame. your rental house looks really nice! I gave up on decorating. It just wasn't worth it for 1 year. I'll start in the next house. SO let me see all the cute stuff you do so I can get some ideas for next time:)