Tuesday, August 17, 2010

{Blue Lion Preschool)

Gavin starts Kindergarten on Monday. So, i figured i better put something together for Tanner during the week for when Gavin is gone. Tanner will probably struggle if i don't keep him busy. With Gavin not around he won't know what to do with himself. They are best buds. He and Jaydon will definitely have to learn to get along, which is good. :)

So, i decided to put together a preschool for Tanner. He is excited that he "gets to go to school" like Gavin. He is going to get up every morning and get ready just like Gavin, we will take Gavin to school and as soon as we get home Tanner will get his backpack and we will start preschool. I asked Tanner what he wanted to name his preschool. He didn't know. So, i asked him his favorite color. Blue. Then i asked him what his favorite animal is. Lion. So, i said "can we call it BLUE LION?" He thought that was funny, so that is what we are calling it.

I have put together a Binder of the preschool year(well, i have only printed out 10 days so far for the first two weeks). I have typed up, for each preschool day, what the schedule consists of and each activity learning experience we will be doing. Here is a general idea of what his weeks look like.

BLUE LION PRESCHOOL

Monday: Preschool(Letters, shapes)
Tuesday: Devotional Tuesday
Wednesday: Preschool(Numbers, colors)
Thursday: Craft and Science Day
Friday: Baking Day and Game Day

His preschool days(Monday & Wednesday) will consist of learning about letters, shapes, numbers, colors(spread out through the year) and then i am going to have singing time and story time on each of those days. There are so many varieties of things i am going to do, so he should have a lot of different fun and exciting new things to do to learn all the essentials.

For Devotional Tuesday i have found a great website(www.keepinthecastle.blogspot.com) where they have TONS of devotionals all prepared for preschool age kids. The first week we are learning about Noah. The second week we are learning about the Good Samaritan. And they are very good devotionals this couple put together for everyone. So i printed out some of the devotionals and put those in my binder.

On Thursday's(Craft and Science Day) i am going to show him stuff that has to do with science. I have planned one of those days to make a volcano out of playdough and put baking soda and vinegar in to watch the reaction that happens. Stuff like that. For the craft i go to enchantedlearning.com to choose which craft he and i will make that day. The first craft day we are going to make paper plate owls. I am going to tell him a story about owls first and help him learn about owls and then we will make the paper plate owls.

On Baking and Game day(Friday) we are going to make some yummy treats, so that we can eat them and also so that Gavin and Daddy will have a treat when they get home. Growing up my mom always had a cake waiting for us on Friday's. I loved it. So, i am going to start that with my family. The first week we are going to make Muddy Buddies. The second week we are making the worms in dirt....you know, the chocolate pudding with crumbled oreos on top and the worms in it, so it looks like worms in dirt! :) And we will play games these days together as well.

Have no fear....i have been working on a few things for Jaydon to do to help him start learning! As long as he isn't napping, which i had planned on him doing during this time, unless he is happy. I will do something for him.

Honestly, i am so proud of myself. I actually came up with this weekly schedule on my own. Usually i have to get the ideas from online from other people who do this. Nope. I did it. I can't believe i did it on my own. I know, it seems so simple, right? Not for me. I don't usually consider myself someone organized like this. I am so excited to start this with him. I just hope he likes it as much as i do! :) haha! Now, the crafts and devotionals, and activities for learning i had to get online. I am not that creative. :)

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Look at you Ms. Organized!!! :) Good job, Ash! Tanner will have such a blast this year!

Can't wait to see you guys in THREE WEEKS!!! I'm sooooooo counting down! :)