Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here we go again...

Yesterday i decided to attempt a run to the grocery store, without Shane, with both boys. Yes, i am lucky. Usually Shane goes with me to get groceries and it makes things easier. :) Well, i walk out to the car and start slipping and sliding on the icy snow. I didn't realize it was so icy! I almost fell a few times. I go inside and grab Tanner, carry him down the outside stairs and WHOOP i fell to the ground with Tanner in my arms. I was fine. It wasn't a hard hit and nothing hurt, it just scared me being that i am Pregnant! :) That was irritating and i was thinking, "why did i put on these dang shoes!"(I had on slip on shoes that aren't meant for winter). I ran back inside and put on my big heavy bulky winter boots. Get to the grocery store, load the boys in the CAR grocery cart. I am having a hard time the past week picking the boys up. I am still lifting weights and working out, but for some reason i am having a difficult time carrying my boys. So, putting them in the cart was tiring in itself...i know i must be a wimp. Whatever. Pushing them around the grocery store was hard because my boots were weighing me down and so was my belly. I was walking slower than i have in years. I was dragging myself. And the heavier the cart got the slower i got. hahaaha. I finally get to the cashier and she starts scanning our food. She says, "Do you have any weight restrictions?" At first i looked puzzled, like "what are you talking about?!" Then it clicked and i said, "Ohhh no, i am fine." She started laughing and said, "I just didn't want to induce you, unless you would like to be induced?!" I just laughed, trying to avoid what i KNEW was coming...something about my belly being big!! ha! She said, "Too soon still for that?!" I said, "Yeah, but when the time comes i would love to be induced!" Then, of course, she said, "What do you have, like a month or two left still?" HAHAHA! Here we go again. With Tanner when i was 6 months along a lady thought i was due any day. This time i am only almost 5 months along and the lady thinks i am 2-3 months further than i am. I said to her, "haha, ACTUALLY i still have until June." Now, if anyone can learn from this lady's mistake please do....pregnant women, at least myself and one's i know, are sensitive to the way they look when pregnant....don't make remarks that have anything to do with a pregnant woman's body other than, "oh you look great". Anyway, she said, "OH MY!" Yup. Thanks a lot. But then she replied, "Well, maybe its a boy", that reply somehow made it a little better, almost like i had an excuse for having such a big belly. I said, "actually it is a boy." Anyway, i honestly don't feel my stomach is that huge yet. If she thinks it's big now, i will have to go in there 3 months from now and get her response. She will probably not remember me and will ask me if i am having twins or triplets. :) That would be hilarious. I always get responses about my stomach, whether i am pregnant or not. When i am pregnant people think i get HUGE and comment about it( i don't mind the comments about my huge pregnant belly when i am not pregnant) :)....Then when i am NOT pregnant people ask me if i AM pregnant. 2 months after i had Tanner someone asked if i was pregnant. One year after i had Tanner someone asked if i was pregnant. So, i guess i will get comments about my stomach the rest of my life(well, up until i get my tummy tuck). It is okay though. My boys are definitely worth the tummy problems. :)

5 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

I'm so sorry that lady was a punk! Hilarious story though and thanks for sharing! You are so funny! If you are ever in Utah, let us know... we'd love to visit with you guys and meet your hubby and boys!!

H.Cook said...

eeek, your post brought back pregnancy memories that I didn't want to remember :)

You are a super-cute pregnant girl though!!!

Dave and Loralee said...

ashlee-you are GORGEOUS!! Prego or no prego.
I also just saw the post about the cars and bathtime and thought I'd tell you about this cool idea I just read. a mom freezes thin layers of water during the day (cookie sheets or even just on a plate) then puts the ice in the bathtub so her boys can have their cars ride on the ice in the water (like the show Ice Truckers). Thought maybe your boys would like that!
see you later!

Sherrie said...

You are one of the cutest pregnant women I've ever seen...so don't let those silly comments bother you too badly! :) I get them all the time too, and it does get SO old SO fast! Plus, when the person who is making the comments isn't in the best shape of their life...it's so hard not to think "look who's talking!" I know, I'm terrible! You look fabulous!

Amanda said...

You really don't look that pregnant in your picture that you posted a week or so ago. Seriously. but, people can be idiots. that is for sure.

I had people ask me "are you sure you aren't due today??" are they asking to get punched?