Friday, January 30, 2009

{Your Experience}...Men you don't want to read this.

Okay, calling all ladies who have kids. This upcoming delivery of mine is a terrifying one for me, for a few reasons. I am terrified. I am having a Vbac. If you don't know what that is... I had a vaginal delivery with Gavin, but had a c-section with Tanner. This time i am attempting another vaginal. Vbac = vaginal birth after c-section. I am looking for stories, that will hopefully make me calm down and feel at ease. :) I would sooooooo appreciate it if some of you would take the time to email me your birthing stories. I would like to know if you had a Natural Birth, or had an epidural. If you had a Natural birth are you glad you did it that way? Why? If you have two kids could you tell me your experience with the first delivery versus the second one. Was it easier or harder? Faster or longer? Did you tear the first time and second time(and third or fourth)? Did you do anything to prevent tearing and did it work? Overall, i just want to know your overall experience with each delivery. What you did that helped you and what you wish you would have done and what you regretted doing. Also, did you ever go into labor early, and if so with which number child? Also, it would help to know if you are short like me OR tall....I say that only b/c it seems like taller girls go faster and have a slightly easier time(though it is still hard i know). Could you email me at ashspassion@hotmail.com with your stories! Thank you so much! This might help calm my fears a bit. Thank you ladies!!!!

4 comments:

H.Cook said...

if you find out anything about vbacs, i'd love to know too

Lauri said...

Don't let them induce you!!!! They will find ANY excuse to induce now b/c it's so much more convenient for the doctor! They induced me and it was the worst experience ever, not to mention there was no true need to do it. Forcing your body into labor when it knows how to do it on it's own is ridiculous! :) There's my two cents!

Amanda said...

Sorry...Can't help you!!!!

I agree with Lauri, don't induce. IT makes it harder on your body, especially if it isn't ready.

Good luck! I'm have another c-section. I can't do vaginal at all!

The JL McGregor Family said...

Ashley-- First, let me tell you that everyone told me how hard #3 was/is. I'm here to give you my good news: I love 3!! (I think I've already told you that, though.) I've had 3 natural births. My water broke the first 2 and the third I was induced. Actually, I was induced all 3 times because the contractions never started on their own. Every time I think the next time I will get an epidural because it sounds so great!!! (Those stories about people falling asleep until time to push are amazing!) Anyway, this is long, so if this is even close to the info you wanted, we'll chat!