Monday, March 2, 2009

{Tanner's Big Day}

Today is a big day for Tanner. Today starts his potty training. I found a good way of potty training through a friend of mine. I am not training Tanner the way i trained Gavin because i don't think it will be as effective. Here is the link to a great way of potty training your child, if you are interested... http://www.toilettraining4toddlers.blogspot.com/ Tanner is doing good so far. He already had one accident, hasn't gone on the toilet yet this morning, BUT he is very excited to sit on the toilet, wants to sit on the toilet, loves wearing his thick Gerber training underwear, and feels like a big boy! This process takes a whole week of dedication and consistency on my part. Basically i can't go anywhere this whole week b/c i am dedicating it all to training Tanner. :) I am excited though b/c if he is ready then it will work and it will be so awesome to have him out of diapers! He has a sticker chart taped up right next to the toilet and he gets to put a sticker on everytime he sits on the toilet. I have to put him on the toilet every 20 minutes. I have a timer that helps me remember this. :) Thank goodness. I realize that the next few days might be kind of long b/c 20 minutes goes by really fast. I feel like i am putting him on the toilet every 5 minutes. But it is worth it in the end. :) Tanner will be potty trained before this baby comes. It will definitely be nice for me. The link that i gave above is another mom's blog....she has five children and has learned exactly how to potty train. Her method worked with all of her kids....they were all trained within a week. So, i have confidence that this will work as long as Tanner is ready. I know he is ready b/c he tells me when he wants changed, and he takes his pants AND diaper off often. Anyway, here is to another child about to be finished with diapers! woohoo! :)

2 comments:

jennywren said...

Potty training is definitely not my favorite thing to do as a parent, but the rewards are fabulous! Good luck!!

~Jen (Shane's cousin)

Lauri said...

Hooray Tanner!!! That will be SO nice that he'll be out of diapers before the new baby arrives! Good luck this week, Ash!