Thursday, March 20, 2008

The First Day of Spring...Not so spring-like.

I took this picture last night after the boys were in bed. It was too pretty to pass up.
Took this picture this morning. I am definitely sick of the snow, BUT it looks so beautiful on the trees.
So, it is officially spring, but it sure doesn't look like spring...But, hey, at least he sun is shining. I can deal with snow if the sun is shining!
Last night we had a guy come over and give an estimate on our house. We are leaking water downstairs. It is coming from under the carpet in the corners of our finished basement. All i can say is THANK YOU mom and dad for buying this house and letting us rent from you. The Damage-Well, let's just say we would have been deep in a hole if we had to pay for what it is going to cost to fix our entire basement. Seriously. We have active mold growing in the corners, mud and moisture are coming down through the walls leaking into our house from under the carpet. Let's just say it isn't good. I feel bad for my mom and dad, BUT sooooo grateful we don't have to go into more debt!!!!!! These old homes! Does anyone know of a good place that waterproofs basements?

4 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

One of my favorite things about snow is how it covers the tops of branches--and I love frozen branches.

The Jenks Fam said...

Yes, spring skipped us too. In fact, I woke up to 2 inches of snow. YUCK! Sorry about the basement. So not fun.

Haley said...

Those trees look awesome, but I don't miss the snow.
And that is a huge bummer on the house, those people you bought from (I actually know of them from the Parent's Center) were lucky to have that sneak past. Too bad for you guys...

Dave and Loralee said...

hey-don't know if it's too late to tell you, but the brimhalls had theirs waterproofed and fixed, so they might be able to help. I'll give her a call and find out who did it!