Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Updates on the boys...


Tanner's newest things lately: Putting his finger to his mouth and saying "sshhhh". Saying "bonk" when he hurts his head(sounds like he is saying "book"). His canine's are coming in. Screams extremely loud when his brother makes him mad. Likes yelling for dad by saying "Daaaaaa!". He understands most of what i say. Says "stop it" and points his hand at you while saying it. Still continuously tries to get up on chairs and tables. When i tell him we need to change his diaper, while i am getting the diaper and wipes he lays down on his back for me waiting. He tries taking his pants off, but can't do it. Tries running, but it looks like an unstable speed walker. Is attached to his blanket. Puts his hand down the back of his pants. Fold his arms during prayers.

Gavin's newest things lately: Asking "why?" constantly. He is a very good talker. If we ever forget to say prayer at night he is the one who always keeps us on track by reminding us "we need to have prayer." He LOVES to read to me and of course have me read to him. He is a great helper when i ask for his help. He likes to tease Tanner a lot, but loves to take care of him if he ever cries or gets hurt. He loves Transformers, but he likes to call them Robots, and his favorite is Bumblebee. He has his own imaginary pretend world. He can dish out a lot of teasing, but can't handle getting teased back. :) He loves to wrestle around with daddy. Likes to help me cook.When he comes downstairs in the morning if i don't look at him right away he will stomp his foot on the ground to get my attention. This is now a tradition. It is funny b/c we both laugh at it every morning.
In other news...we spent family home evening with friend's last night. It was a lot of fun. There little girl who is four yrs. old taught us the lesson. It was about the Resurrection. We then dyed Easter eggs together, enjoyed dessert, and chatted for awhile. It was a lot of fun.
Then, today, Gavin looks at me while we are eating lunch. He smiles and says, " Is there a baby in your belly?" I said, "um, NO, there isn't a baby in my belly." He smiles again and says, "Let me see your belly mommy." I then spent the next five minutes trying to convince him that i wasn't pregnant. After that incident we started singing songs that we enjoy hearing on the radio. He didn't know the words and so he said, "Help me learn the right words mommy." It was so cute. THEN, i went upstairs to get something of Gavin's and told Gavin to stay downstairs because Tanner was sleeping. I am on my way up and he points at me and says, "Make sure you pit-toe mommy." He hears me say 'tip-toe' a lot, and so it was so cute hearing him say it. And one more thing...Auntie Holly was over today and her and the boys started making snoring noises. Tanner can't snore so he tried what came close to snoring. He made this deep growl and got this funny look on his face. You had to be there. It was funny.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How cute! It is so great that you post these kinds of things. Someday they will thank you for writing these things down! Great job!

I love how Tanner Says "DAAAAAA". Porter says that. It is hilarious!

they are both so cute and getting so big!

Lauri said...

Ahhh! I love hearing about the boys! Tanner, especially, has changed so much in the last few months!! We seriously need to plan our next get-together!!!! I can't take it!! :)