Monday, October 20, 2008

{Need an excuse to go shopping?}

SOMETIME AROUND MAY OR JUNE: Sometime around May or June i went through my closet and got rid of a bunch of clothes that i don't wear. I filled bags full of clothes that i would go put in those bins all over town that send them to places like the Salvation Army. I also needed to put away my winter sweaters for the summer that i wanted to keep. So, I filled a bag full of my winter sweaters that would go into hibernation until fall, and filled 3 other bags full of stuff i was getting rid of.

SOMETIME AROUND YESTERDAY(cold weather): I went upstairs yesterday to find my winter sweaters so that i could be WARM! I searched and started to wonder why i wasn't finding them. They weren't in the attic. We searched anywhere else they could possibly be. No sign. You are probably realizing what happened to my sweaters by now. We must have accidentally grabbed my bag of sweaters that i wanted to put in the attic and thrown them in the car with my bags of clothes that i was getting rid of. Yup.

END RESULT: I have NO winter sweaters. I am not talking about pull over hoodie sweaters. I am talking about the nice sweaters that cost a lot to buy no matter where you go. Wool sweaters, fleece sweaters, winter sweaters. Luckily about a month ago i bought two winter type shirts that i found a good deal on. I can't believe what has happened. Sure i would love to go shopping, but how in the world do i replace everything lost when i have been trying to save my money for other things I REALLY NEED? Goodness gracious. I had the thought at first of blaming my husband and then maybe he would buy me some sweaters because it would be all his fault, and he would feel bad and buy me some(that was a fleeting thought). haha! Isn't that horrible!! :) But i realized that i am an idiot and that they are my clothes and my responsibility. So, maybe I need to win a shopping spree. That's it! I will try to win the lottery or a shopping spree. Wish me luck. :) Desperate times call for desperate measures. haha. OR, i have another idea....if you have been wanting to get your family pictures done, maybe this will be a push you need. You will get those pics done you have been meaning to call me about for awhile and in the meantime you will be doing me a favor...not only will i get the privilege of being able to take your pictures, but your payment for pictures will be going straight to my "Need clothes" savings. How wonderful. So, if you have been wanting those family pics, don't wait any longer. Get up off that seat and give me a call! :) Ohhhh, how horrible. What a way of advertising.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey that is kind of nice that you get to buy a lot of new clothes! I'm sorry that that happened to you though! One time I gave some clothes to my sister and then I forgot that I did that and I saw her wearing them and I thought why did I give that away I really like it!

Ashlee and Shane said...

Well, i don't actually get to buy a lot of new clothes. I have to save money first, which could take awhile! ;)

The JL McGregor Family said...

Well, somewhere someone is enjoying the nice winter clothes. I did something similar when we moved out here--we had so many boxes and bags that the brand new clothes we wore for graduation got mixed up with the last minute "give-aways." Sounds like you need to find some super bargains. Last year I found cute sweaters for like $2 after Christmas, if you can wait that long...

Lauren said...

that is such a bummer!! but at the same time, I wouldn't mind that happening. i am so sick of my winter clothes. I would throw them ALL out if I could. HAve fun shopping when you save up some money! And tell Shane he needs to buy you a few sweaters too :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Too funny! OK--not funny. I'm trying to make a compaign at work so that we can wear uniforms so that I don't have to go shopping. my sweaters are all horribly old and peely and gross. I hate winter. :(

Monica and Stephen said...

Good luck! I am always looking for extra cash to get me something nice but it usually goes to the kids.