Monday, October 13, 2008

{That's Life}

Well, we haven't been up to much lately. BUT our Saturday this past weekend would explain otherwise. We weren't able to go out as a family on Saturday because there was lots of busy stuff going on. I had the primary activity on Saturday morning.

Here is my story. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. like i do every morning. I ran, showered, ate breakfast and fed the boys. Then Gavin and i left for the church at 9:25. I stopped at Giant Eagle to get donuts and Chocolate milk. They didn't have enough donuts so then i stopped at Amy Joy Donuts. I got to the church. Helped set up the activity. The activity was great. We raked leaves, decorated little pumpkins and ate the donuts! Yum. I didn't get out of there until 12:20. I had a photoshoot at 1:00 at the Botanical Gardens and i had not eaten lunch yet. I dropped Gavin off at home. I didn't have time to eat. I changed my clothes.(By the way, i wore heel boots to this activity. Wrong move. The next day my legs were sore. Who knew that your legs could get sore from heels!) Suddenly i realized my ticket to get into the Botanical Gardens was missing! Oh my gosh. I searched for 10 minutes or more. I was also panicing because i knew i was gonna be LATE! How horrible! Finally i found the DARN ticket. I headed to the Gardens and 2 minutes down the road the thought popped into my head "You don't have your SD card". CRAP!!! I turned around, headed home and grabbed that card(you have to have this in order to take pictures!). I headed down the road back to the Gardens again. I got there about 20 minutes late!! eek. The nice thing is that when i went to go into the Gardens i had no idea who to give my ticket to. There was nobody anywhere waiting to take my ticket. So, i still have my ticket. I will have to take my boys now! As soon as that photoshoot was done i headed straight to another one at the South Euclid Library. That was at 3:00. I got there 5 minutes late. Mostly on time. After that i went home, hurried and sat down and ate a salad. Then the boys tell me they are ready for dinner already. Soooo, i make dinner. Yippee skippee. Sometimes i HATE cooking. TRULY. Then after dinner we of course had to clean up everything spotless again. Shane is tired of having a home that is dirty occasionally. HEY, i don't like a dirty home EITHER,who does, but it is nearly impossible to keep it clean all the time! BUT HEY WE'LL TRY!!! :) And i should mention that he cleaned the whole house while i was gone the whole day. How sweet. My husband is such a good helper. :) After that we took off to Target to get Tanner his Birthday present from his Grandma Jenks. She had us pick it out and so we got him a cute NEW outfit! It is fun being able to get him new clothes b/c all his are hand-me-downs. He loves his new outfit. He feels soooo proud wearing it. Anyway, Tanner started throwing a HUGE OLE FIT in Target so we left. We came home and did the bedtime routine, which sometimes isn't fun depending on how busy the day was, and in this case it was a busy day. Bedtime can be the time when the boys are the sweetest. I love it. BUT sometimes i am not in the mood to hang around for it. Ever feel paniced to get something done so bad before you lose your mind? That is what it was like for me . I was just ready to put them to bed so that i could sit down and relax!!!! Now people, i do my best to find Joy in the Journey, BUT i am NOT super woman. Yes, this definitely sounds like a day where i could put my "food for thought" to good use(the stuff i have posted recently from my book). But i find that there will just be days like this. That's life.:) Finally at 9:30 p.m. Shane and I sat down and were able to relax.
aaaahhhhh...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh yes, life does throw these wonderful days at you, don't they!!!! It makes us appreciate those days that go smoothly!

How did your photoshoot go?

Hatsuho said...

shoot, I should have offered you my granola bar!! no wonder the garden cafe smelled so good to you. I can't wait to see our pictures.

Ashley said...

Okay Ash so I thought that sometimes I was really busy but You are AMAZING!! I would have been so pooped if that would have been my day! Where do you get all of your energy? You need to have a vacation and come and see us!:) That would be awesome!
Love you guys!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

You moms amaze me!! I have such trouble keeping up with just me and Scott that I can't imagine throwing in two little ones. To me, you guys really are superwomen!!