Tuesday, March 31, 2009

{Just a LITTLE Vent }

I feel like i am doing a lot of this lately, except make sure you add another child(one who is always whining) in the picture and a 7 month pregnant belly onto the woman. My story.... And Today i feel a lot like this....
Today is supposed to be a good day. It is nice out. Just beautiful. But i feel like screaming. Both of my boys turned on the whining and crying button today and won't turn it off. We were going to go for a walk, which they love. I was excited b/c it is a nice escape and relaxing. Gavin's seat had a little water on it. So, i went and got a rag and wiped it off. I already locked up the house so i set the rag on the steps. We start walking, but Gavin decides to throw a fit b/c he wants the rag inside the house, not on the steps. I was like, "What? What are you talking about...we will get the rag when we get back." Gavin says, "But i don't want it outside. I want it in the house. It will get blown away. Or a squirrel will get it." I told him the rag would not get blown away or taken by a squirrel and that it would be fine. He starts throwing an even bigger fit. I am thinking to myself, "What is going on? He is upset about a rag sitting on the steps?!" So, i lost patience quick and decided we weren't going for a walk anymore. We went inside. Then he starts throwing a fit that his seat on his bike is going to get dirty if we leave it outside....Need i remind you, it is sunny and there is not one cloud in the sky. His bike is never dirty. All i know is that he didn't get that from me. :) I am not a clean freak. I like my house clean, but i am not very particular like that. I don't let the little things bother me. Wow, i really needed to vent. Now i just need to use some breathing techniques b/c i am still losing it inside.
As for Tanner, well, today he has just been testing me big time. He is saying no to me a lot and throwing fits too. It is a bunch of little instances here and there. He is usually the one who listens to me fairly well, but he isn't so much today.
I just need to get away....leaving the kids with daddy for a few days. I need naps during the day, and need to accomplish some things other than trying to keep the house clean. :) And i am going stir crazy inside b/c i just want to finish the baby room. I don't have money to do it nor do i have the time. It is driving me nuts. Ever have something you just want or NEED to get done right away and you just feel this sense of urgency to do it? That is the way it is, but i can't accomplish it. :) Still trying to smile. Okay, really, i really am fine, i just needed to vent a bit. Being pregnant doesn't help any either. All these situations are frustrating, but being pregnant on top of it makes it probably ten times worse. My discomforts of being pregnant are starting to kick in...mainly my stomach feeling like it is getting BIG(uncomfortable), and the past 2 days i have been getting painful braxton hicks contractions. They usually start after i go for a walk. I walk on the treadmill. I don't walk fast...i go anywhere from 3.5 to 3.8 mph. I can't even do that for 30 minutes anymore without bringing on the contractions AND having the baby press down on my bones sending sharp pains in different areas. I just wanna walk, dangit. I never got contractions like this with the other two. So, getting them all day long brings on a great deal of irritation. Maybe my kids are just acting out to the mood they sense i am in....or maybe i just lack a great deal of patience right now. Probably both. Aaaahhhhhhhhhh. I know tomorrow will be a better day...most likely... sorry you had to hear my venting, but i guess it is my journal so i can do with it what i want. :) I realize i will have these days on and off for the next few months. It is okay...i always make it through and completely forget about them the instant a day is good....when mommy is patient and the boys are happy. :)
Anyway, question....anybody know where i can find CHEAP curtains?! I mean cheap, but cute. :) I want curtains for the baby room. Also, know where i can find a CHEAP floor lamp?!?! When i say cheap i mean like no more than about $15-20.

5 comments:

Bridi said...

Sorry! I can understand, I've had plenty of those days. I would love to help you with the baby room. You could make the curtains I have my cricut that cuts out fabric. We could make cute little things (such as cars, animals, etc.) to go on the curtains that match the room. We could also cut out vinyl to put up on the walls. I have lots of colrs and they only cost $2 for a 12x24 sheet. I would love to help, please take me up on the offer, it would be fun! As for the lamp I would try Wal-mart or Target?

Amanda said...

We all have our moments and pregnancy seems to make them all worse....at least that is what I am learning!! good luck and get a break! It will help!

As for curtains...a twin flat sheet in any color you want at wal-mart is less than $5. for a small window you could do 2 curtains and they would be cute. They would go all the way to the ground too.

Lauren said...

Sorry you had a bad day. I have had a lot of those days. not fun. What did you decide to do in the baby's room? Colors, theme? I totally know what you mean about wanting to get things done NOW. I get like that all the time and I get really frustrated when I can't just do what I want to do to get it done fast. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Every mom needs a good vent session once in a while. :) I am felling your pain!! I have been feeling the exact same way lately. I don't think the pregnancy hormomes or tiredness that comes along with it are helping much either. :) Hang in there!! Hope your week gets better!

Bingham fam said...

It is not easy being a mom. But I would say that you are doing a pretty dang good job. Hey I know how you feel sometimes I want to scream and I do!!! Hang in there! Ps Isn't there a walmart around you. I am pretty sure that you can get a floor lamp for 8 bucks. And then curtains too. Check the clearance rack. You could make your own. Check out my cousin Kims blog she made some dang curtains. Now the next option is YARD SALES!! Do they have those where you are at. I love yardsales! You could probably find something pretty neat and for cheap then if you need to spice it up you could use some spray paint or something. Well good luck!