Sunday, April 27, 2008

Expect the unexpected...

So, for family and friends who don't know, i was called as the second counselor in the Primary Presidency. I don't know what to say, other than i should have seen it coming. :) I believe i have a lot to gain and learn from this experience. I am VERY excited about the women i am working with and i am excited about gaining a greater love for children. This will be good for me. I have always thought that young women's and relief society were my niche. I always thought that if i were to get a calling it would be in one of those two areas. I should have seen this coming because whenever i have a plan set out for myself the unexpected occurs. Not that i really have a say in the calling i want, but you know what i mean. :)On the way home from church today Tanner fell asleep. Shane brought him inside and plopped him right on the kitchen counter. Here is the picture of him sleeping on the counter. Soooo cute!

8 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh! How exciting, Ash! That'll be so fun! I have some awesome websites that will give you some great ideas for sharing time...since you'll be doing that a lot now! :) Welcome to the world of primary! They'll never let you out now...ha ha! Just kidding! I love primary!

H.Cook said...

You guys have a powerhouse primary presidency! I bet you will have so much fun working with those girls. The ward is lucky ti have you, you are good at so many things.

Amanda said...

How exciting!!! you will do great!!! Good luck with the new adventure!

Lauri said...

Hey! We got the new Mario Cart for the Wii...you guys have to get it! So fun and we could play eachother online! :) I will kick your behind though...I'm really good. JK.

The Beecrofts said...

I think you will be so great in primary! It is hard to give up relief society, but it is great to see little testimonies grow. Just think, it is like you get to be a missionary to 50+ people every sunday!

The JL McGregor Family said...

I'm excited to be work with you in primary--I love doing the music with the kids. Also, thanks for your comment on our blog. The kids and I would love to hang out with you and your boys over the summer.

Ammieloris said...

That pictures is so cute. Good luck with the new calling! I can imagine you doing a great job!

thekerrclan said...

Congratulations on your new calling! You'll be great. Who are the other members of the presidency?