Monday, April 21, 2008

Journaling without pics... I hate posting without pics, but i am doing it this time. :)

I was asked to be the photographer at the Modest Prom held at the Kirtland Stake. They brought 4 different stakes together, i believe. I took pics for 2 hours and it was a lot of fun. I have never done anything like that before so i was a little unsure of myself, but i had a lot of fun. It brought back a lot of memories watching all of the youth dance and just have a good time. I will have to post a pic from the dance soon.
Yesterday morning Shane went to Church meetings and so i had to get the boys ready by myself. Tanner loves sticking his hand, and sometimes both hands, down his pants. He looks like a hillbilly with his little gut poking out and his hand down his pants. Of course we continually tell him to take his hand out of his pants, but he continually does it. Well, yesterday he stuck both has down his pants and pulled poop out on both! It was sick. Poor Tanner was even grossed out by it b/c he saw it and gagged.
At church yesterday i was called into the office and was asked to accept a new calling. I guess i can't "officially" say what it is until they announce it in church on Sunday. I am actually very excited about it. :) But i was surprised(but then again not so much. i will explain that later) when Brother Bills told me what they were calling me to. After he told me the calling i remember saying, "Oh, wow." hehe. Maybe my surprised comment is what made him say, "if you need time to think about it you certainly can." hehe. I said, "No, i don't need time. " :)Anyway, on to new adventures. I am making this sound bigger than it really is...it is just big to ME and if you know me really well then you already know what i am talking about.:)
For some reason the past few night Tanner tosses and turns all night long. I don't know why or what is going on, but he isn't getting enough sleep b/c he is very grumpy the past few days. He isn't teething, he hasn't been sick, but he is having a hard time sleeping. Anybody experience this? He doesn't wake up in the night crying at all, we can just hear him moving all night since his room is above ours. What is it?
Today we have the Ohio Waterproofing Company here. They are fixing our basement. It is a big project, but we can't wait to have a clean, dry, no more bugs, basement. Last night in the middle of the night at about 1:30 in the morning Shane woke me up realizing that we forgot to move all of our stuff in the basement to the middle of the floor. So, we went downstairs at 1:30 in the morning and moved it all. While we were down there we killed about 5 spiders. There are tons of dead bugs all over the carpet. It is gross, which is why i can't wait until we can get this done and over with and have a clean basement. They are putting in an E Z Breathe Ventilation system, a sump pump, and digging up the outside walls of the basement.
Something worth remembering for me: Last night Shane and I had a dance off. We were watching basketball and he said, "we should have a dance off"...now, it wasn't anything cool you see on t.v., is was probably quite opposite. It was us doing our weirdest moves we could think of. It was quite entertaining, i must say. HAHA. You had to be there to understand. :)

14 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun!!! I can't wait to see pics from your stake dance adventure!!!!

I also can' wait to hear what your new calling is! You would do really good in young womens. They would like you! :0)

Your basement would freak me out with all those spiders. YUCK!!!!

Lauri said...

Your going to be teaching, aren't you?!?!? I am excited to hear! Since I'm not in your ward, you are allowed to tell me! :) he he. That's how it works, right?!?!

That is sooo exciting you got to take pics for the stake! Definitely post some of those!

D.Suth. said...

Well, here is my guess- Primary Presidency! And I really think I am right so if not I will be surprised. I love the guessing game.

I wish you could be in the YW with us, its always fun to have more people.

I am excited to see pictures from modest prom!

D.Suth. said...

Oh ya, Eric and I did a dance a few months ago here in our house. He made it a date night for us. It was fun even though I don't like to dance b/c like you- we did crazy moves. It was fun! Your story reminded me of that. Fun times.

Lauren said...

I was going to say YW, but Dalyce cleared that up for me, so I'm with her...Primary president!!! I can't wait a week to find out :(

H.Cook said...

I was thinking Primary Prez too, but we will see :) I've always wanted you as a RS teacher though! Haha

Ashlee and Shane said...

Now Remember, i said i was making my new calling sound bigger than it really is. :)

H.Cook said...

True. I take back my guess!

Lauri said...

I still think you are going to be teaching. I'm thinking the adults, in some way. Although it would be really mean of them to put you in nursery! Maybe that was your "oh wow" comment! I know how much you LOVED working at the daycare! Ha ha!

Bingham fam said...

I am betting you are the new YOUNG WOMENS PRES! That would be good.

Lauren said...

New guess..nursery leader so that we can be released! :) j/k Hey thanks for the offer today. We are celebrating Andy's b-day next week because of all the tests. Can we take you up on your offer then? ;)

Dave and Loralee said...

hmmm...I think I know. :)

Grams said...

How exciting! Getting a new calling is always fun. A change up brings a bit of excitement. Let me see. A R.S. teacher, Young Women Presidency, Primary Presidency, a Scout leader. Oh My, who can guess. You would be PERFECT at anything they ask you to do. Love you. Mom

D.Suth. said...

I have a new guess since you said that it was too big.

I think that you are going to be the co-leader of Girls Camp with Ammie Cannon. I really think I am right again--- but from the way my last guess went, probably not. 2 days and I will find out :)