Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Updates on the Boys...

Tanner loves to tickle himself. It is hilarious. The other day when we were in the car we heard him saying, "tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle," just like i do to him when i tickle his feet. I turn around and he starts doing it again and he is tickling his foot. It was so funny. Gavin's thing lately is letting me know that he is mad at me. For example, he got in trouble the other day and i told him to go upstairs to his room and to shut the door. He went upstairs and i heard him say, "I am gonna be mad at you!" I said, "that is fine." He said, "I am mad now!" I said, "Good." And then he slammed his door shut. He reminds me of a teenager already(just like when i was a teen)! On the flip side of that he loves to "get me"... i will be laying on the couch and he comes over and starts tackling me, "i am gonna get you!" Then Tanner joins in and i just lay there while they jump all over me. It is fun, but only for about 10 minutes. If i let them do it all day they would.
My thing lately: I am FINALLY printing off a bunch of pics and scrapbooking them. I stopped scrapbooking after Gavin turned one year old. SOOOOO, i have a TON of catching up to do, but i finally started! I don't scrapbook with the bigger albums like most people do. I just use a binder and have 8x11 pages. It would take me FOREVER trying to get one page of scrapbooking b/c i felt like each page had to be perfect. I realized that is the reason why i put scrapbooking off for so long. I finally decided that my pages do not have to be cute and that i just needed to get it done. So, as much as i wish i could have way cute pages like everyone else's i have seen, i just can't do it. Mine are plain, but i guess at least i am getting it done, right? :)
Shane's last day of his second year is tomorrow! Crazy! We can't wait until tomorrow afternoon! Talk about no more stress and just being able to relax for awhile. My parents are coming in town on Friday and will be here for a week. Then the weekend after they leave we are gonna try and go camping!! We are very excited for that adventure!! :) Then Shane's mom and dad and brother and sister-in-law are coming to visit us! We are so excited! It will definitely be a busy and fun 3 week break!
p.s. If you have been putting off getting your family pictures done then give me a call ...it has only been about a week and a half since i last took someone's pics, but it feels like forever. I love taking pics. I will have family here, but that doesn't matter. My mom loves photography too and she would LOVE watching. We can do it anytime. :)

2 comments:

Bridi said...

Hey, I need a scrapbooking friend so if your interested we should get together at nights after our kids go to sleep. This is the only way I can get it done.

Amanda said...

how fun!!!! I love that Tanner says "tickle tickle" how cute! What a sweet precious boy! How old is he?

Isn't it great how emotional kids can get? I love that Gavin tells you he is mad!!! How funny!

It sounds like you guys are going to be busy for the next little while. How fun!!!! Enjoy family time! Take lots of pictures! I hope you have fun camping! We are going in June and we can't wait. There is still a ton of snow in the mountains here. So, no camping right now!