Saturday, April 26, 2008

Life is so good...

Swinging.
Look at this face. As soon as i saw this face i saw my brother Stephen. I have seen this look on Stephen's face too many times to count!
Playing basketball with daddy.


Our little wonderer. He is very content to hang out with himself. He is quite the opposite of Gavin.
Next i have a little journaling of some things that i realize lately and thought it would be good to journal so that my kids can read it one day and hopefully understand their mom a little more and hopefully understand the importance of it.
Life is so good right now. I am afraid to say that because it seems like when things are going good then usually trials occur to disrupt it. But i am saying it anyway. :) I am so content with where we are at in life right now. I try to remind myself everyday to enjoy every moment because i know that i will look back one day and look at these times as the best times. My parents always said that going through medical school was soooo hard, but when they look back on it now it was one of the best times of their lives. The only hard part of our life right now is our financial situation, but every dental and medical student goes through it. And then again, is it really that hard? I think we are all lucky with where we are at! I've heard people say, "i will be happy and things will be better once i have money." We have to be able to find happiness with every situation in our life, otherwise we are just fooling ourselves into thinking that money brings happiness and once we do get to that point we will be sadly disappointed. It DOES bring temporary enjoyment, but that is it. We shouldn't judge people on their money situations. We don't really know someone's situation, AND everyone prioritizes differently. Not only that, but we just shouldn't judge people on any situation. We don't really know their story so who are we to judge. I try to remind myself of this b/c it is almost impossible not to judge others for one thing or another. I don't think we can ever fully be a non-judgmental person, but it is worth aiming for.

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I hear ya, sister! :) Really. It's such a good thing to aim for. I've been reading the book The Peacegiver by James L. Ferrell. I'll send it to you once I'm done! It talks a lot about how the Lord offers peace in our lives and I think a lot of that has to do with having our minds free of judgemental thoughts. You are such a wonderful mom and I know those boys will grow up to be amazing men b/c of you and Shane!

I TOTALLY see Stephen in that pic of Tanner!!!!! I love the concentration in Gavin's face playing basketball! They are adorable! We miss you guys.

Unknown said...

I have the same idea. If I can't be happy now, I won't be happy in the future. It doesn't matter what events are going one in my life.